TJTAG - EJTAG De-Brick tool - IMPORTANT CHANGE:See 1st Post.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
felipe83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
any one can help me plz Sad
Sponsor
Tornado
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
@felipe83

This paticular flash chip is causing problems for tjtag, Im not sure about wrt54g "Hairy maid tool" ...I have no box with this flash chip so I cannot fully test what is happening, I suspect a timing issue, or something like that.

It will eventually flash, but you have to keep at it. I will look at it's datasheet again, and see if there is anything obvious.

My preferred parallel jtag adapter:
TIAO Parallel adapter

Tjtag website - http://tjtag.com

Compiling DD-WRT on:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3926.667 Mhz

Aptosid X64 - Debian SID X64
Ubuntu 10.10 X64 - Arch X64
WiFried
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:23    Post subject: ...this is how it went... Reply with quote
@Tornado
Sorry - been busy using my working router <grin>

The last time I tried to flash it, the command I used was tjtagv2 -flash:wholeflash /noreset. I couldn't ever get a flash to complete with a CFE or BSP. After flashing the wholeflash image, it reverted to the original Linksys firmware then went the normal route to put dd-wrt on it.

Only two thing I noticed are that sometimes it said the CPU entered debug mode and sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately, I didn't see whether it was in debug mode or not the time it finally worked.

Also, I did try some of the quick power up and start flashing that I heard about around the forums, but when mine finally worked correctly, I had cycled the power and waited about 15 secs or so before I entered the command....

I don't know how much difference those two things make but that's what eventually worked for me - like I had said previously, this one was hard to flash. Keep trying if you have a GSv7. it does eventually work. I had tried it several several times before it worked and each time, NOTHING had happened at all with the lights and I was thinking that it'd never work, but it does!!

Good luck all and sorry about the length!! Smile
Tornado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
@WiFried
NP at all. You reminded me of something, I have a GS v7, and while testing flashing on it and trying to purposely brick it, I have noticed the same thing. It will sometimes get stuck, at 1% 4%, etc..and what I did instead of issueing the command as soon as I turned it on, was wait 5 sec's or so, maybe even a little bit longer...and that is what finally worked for me.

@felipe83

Try this, get your command line ready, and turn on the router, but wait about 5 seconds, and then issue your command...let us know. You may have to do it a few times..

TIAO Parallel adapter

Compiling DD-WRT on:

felipe83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Tornado I comment to you that I have a box with a quite similar serial one to mine, I did all the backups to him, but I have tried to even load the CFE to him and nothing. When you say to me that I must use the command several times you talk about - flash: cfe /noemw?
thx
Tornado

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I mean, is it may take several tries before it works.

TIAO Parallel adapter

Compiling DD-WRT on:

felipe83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok I will try that, but only try with the CFE.bin or another file? and if u want i could be a tester whit my flash chip if u said me what can i do
felipe83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tornado I trie and trie and nothing happen, the only thing that work was the forced reset to flash, the lan lighs are off, but dont had access to 192.168.1.1, what can i do, flash again?
Tornado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
This usually means a successful flash, what does all the other lights look like ? power light for example ....

Have you assigned your computer a static IP ?

TIAO Parallel adapter

Compiling DD-WRT on:

felipe83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, i had the static ip 192.168.1.50 to my computer. and the power led is continuously on off on off, another led is on are the network cable, i dont know if u understandme Sad
felipe83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
felipe83 wrote:
yes, i had the static ip 192.168.1.50 to my computer. and the power led is continuously on off on off, another led is on are the network cable, i dont know if u dont understandme Sad
Lextor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
felipe83 wrote:
felipe83 wrote:
yes, i had the static ip 192.168.1.50 to my computer. and the power led is continuously on off on off, another led is on are the network cable, i dont know if u dont understandme Sad

I had same problem with you previously, after gone through many de-brick solutions for few months...

I revived it by changing the flash chip, and viola, 1 flash and success.

I found many people have the same problem with WRT54GL with samsung chip, once the cfe changed the router will brick completely.Maybe due to bad flash chip.

Good luck to you!

Tornado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's great that you were able to do this, I doubt I could without some serious equipment. It is also not really a viable solution for most. There is a problem "or I just have not figured out the solution" for this chip...we will see, as I should be recieving a unit with this flash in it anytime.

TIAO Parallel adapter

Compiling DD-WRT on:

Lextor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tornado wrote:
It's great that you were able to do this, I doubt I could without some serious equipment. It is also not really a viable solution for most. There is a problem "or I just have not figured out the solution" for this chip...we will see, as I should be recieving a unit with this flash in it anytime.

I agree with you.Its not worth the money as i already got the sd/mmc mod.Replacing the flash was my last resort to de-brick my router at that time.

Anyway just wanna share with those who share the same problem and can't wait for the fix :)

Good luck to you finding the problem as it can save many others with same problem.

desigabri
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hy Tornado
I asked to you informations about jtag software in more ways with no lucky
I don't know if you read messages or not so I tried to send to your dd-wrt private email a link with some informations about serial flashes used on foneras boards

you will find information about a numerous serial devices and about st-spi-flash

May be that comparing it to the others known devices you'll be able to understand what you need to introduce or modify on you Tjtag software...and make it working with "atheros + spi serial flash" boards

May be that this time I'll be luckyer than before because I see a great activity in this topic.

I hope to heard about you early thanks for your job

...and yes, I can send to you two boards for testing pourposes but I need some importants informations as your postal address for example Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 82, 83, 84  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 23 of 84
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: