wrt54gs v7 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
kevin666 wrote:
yes im getting that page and trying that. the first attempt it said upgrade fail and then everytime iv tryed after that it just times out when i try to upload the firmware

If you have the proper bsp and you are getting that page, then you are not flashing the correct stock firmware image for your device..

You are not mixing things up are you? G vs GS

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
i got the right bsp for it and got that working. the linksys firmware i was trying to upload is FW_WRT54GSv7_7.50.6.002_20080430.bin its a wrt54gs v7
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Backup the bsp with jtag. Then compare the backup file with the file you flashed. They must be identicle.

When you flashed the bsp, you used:

tjtag -flash:bsp /noreset. You didn't use -flash:cfe correct?

If your backup & the origional files compare, then the problem is with your rig. AV or firewall software perhaps. Make sure you are plugged into a lan port Razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about erasing the wholeflash, and then flashing the CFE from the ftp site. I see there are two there for this router?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
What about erasing the wholeflash, and then flashing the CFE from the ftp site. I see there are two there for this router?

The OP got the BSP from tornado's folder. I know that is a good bsp.

The V7's are a little temperamental sorta like the v8's..

How much solder do you need?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Backup the bsp with jtag. Then compare the backup file with the file you flashed. They must be identicle.

When you flashed the bsp, you used:

tjtag -flash:bsp /noreset. You didn't use -flash:cfe correct?

If your backup & the origional files compare, then the problem is with your rig. AV or firewall software perhaps. Make sure you are plugged into a lan port Razz

i used -flash:bsp /noemw
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

If they are anything like the v8's then you have to hit the enter key as soon as power is applied to the router.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
barryware wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

If they are anything like the v8's then you have to hit the enter key as soon as power is applied to the router.

thats what i did to flash the bsp and it worked. i guess im going to try to put the CFE #2 from that ftp the same way
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

US inquiries get referred to my RH/BW division..... Laughing

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
kevin666
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
the bsp backup matched so im starting to think this router has a hardware problem. i am flashing the cfe now and im going to verify it before i try to tftp anything
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
kevin666 wrote:
DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
barryware wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

thats what i did to flash the bsp and it worked. i guess im going to try to put the CFE #2 from that ftp the same way

Yes everything I did via JTAG on my v8 had to be done that way, weather it was probeonly or erase wholeflash, it didn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
well when i backup cfe it makes a 256kb file and the one i put on it is 196 so i cant tell if they match without hex editing thr rest of the file. pretty sure its good though. trying tftp now
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
kevin666 wrote:
well when i backup cfe it makes a 256kb file and the one i put on it is 196 so i cant tell if they match without hex editing thr rest of the file. pretty sure its good though. trying tftp now

Um somebody correct me if I'm wrong, which is a possibility cause I'm not that good with numbers, but 256 doesn't match 196. Does it? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
kevin666 wrote:

Um somebody correct me if I'm wrong, which is a possibility cause I'm not that good with numbers, but 256 doesn't match 196. Does it? Rolling Eyes

Oops.. I didn't think about that...Indeed that would make a compare difficult. When you tell jtag to backup:cfe, it knows by identifying the flash chip what sectors to back up (something like that). If a CFE was supplied by Tornado, they are usually smaller than a normal cfe. I don't know if T~ compiles his own, trims them, or what but they are typically smaller and they do work. At least every cfe of his that I have used (works).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
it uploaded the firmware via tftp and i waited 15minutes and reset it. the power light was on and the one ethernet light was on when i unplugged it. pluged it back in and its bricked with 5 lights once more. back to square one. can somebody give me the wholeflash.bin please? the original linksys or ddwrt it dont matter.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: