D-Link DIR-615 D2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Welshchris
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well so far so good with the newest build... This is what im now getting wirelessly...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/851850847.png

ive even rebooted router to see if it holds as i didnt last time and it has thankfully...

i also looked on cableforum.co.uk and found this and set and thankfully touch wood for now all is fine..

CTS Protection Mode - Disabled
Frame Burst - Disabled (enabling it can have an adverse affect when multiple wireless devices are connected to the router)
Preamble - Short
Shortslot Override - Short
Sponsor
jaju123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im having an issue with DD-WRT. It works fine on all computers apart from one samsung X360 laptop with an Intel 5300. It has the latest drivers etc on Windows 7 x64 but the wireless speed is like 0.1 MB/s on a 50meg connection. Anything anyone can do?
matsa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firstly, thanks to all who have posted on here giving me confidence to flash my D2, now running with build 14537.
I want to be able to throttle bandwidth on some IP or MAC addresses on my network and have no idea, so hope someone can help me. One of the other posts in this thread suggested that scripts would be the best way to do this, and in order to do this I have tried this script from http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.ratelimit.single.html:

Quote:
tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth 10mbit

tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1 cbq rate 512kbit \
allot 1500 prio 5 bounded isolated

tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1: protocol ip prio 16 u32 \
match ip dst 195.96.96.97 flowid 1:1

changing the bandwidth and IP address, but it does not seem to work, and I also need to throttle more than one address.

I then tried the script generator from http://www.robsonn.user.icpnet.pl/generator.zip which gave me the following script
Quote:
#--------------------------------------------
#WRT54 Script Generator v1.02
#(C) 2006-2007 Robert "Robson" Mytkowski
#--------------------------------------------
TCA="tc class add dev br0"
TFA="tc filter add dev br0"
TQA="tc qdisc add dev br0"
SFQ="sfq perturb 10"
tc qdisc del dev br0 root
tc qdisc add dev br0 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev br0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 53000kbit
$TCA parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 128kbit ceil 1024kbit prio 4
$TCA parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb rate 128kbit ceil 1024kbit prio 4
$TCA parent 1:1 classid 1:12 htb rate 128kbit ceil 1024kbit prio 4
$TQA parent 1:10 handle 10: $SFQ
$TQA parent 1:11 handle 11: $SFQ
$TQA parent 1:12 handle 12: $SFQ
$TFA parent 1:0 prio 4 protocol ip handle 10 fw flowid 1:10
$TFA parent 1:0 prio 4 protocol ip handle 11 fw flowid 1:11
$TFA parent 1:0 prio 4 protocol ip handle 12 fw flowid 1:12
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d xxx.xxx.x.xxx -j MARK --set-mark 10
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d xxx.xxx.x.xxx -j MARK --set-mark 11
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d xxx.xxx.x.xxx -j MARK --set-mark 12

which also has no effect. Both were run as commands in the command shell window, and then as startup scripts, but did not restrict the speed to any IP address. If anyone can tell me if I am doing it right, or how to make it work I would be grateful.

Would the special (paid for) version of DD-WRT enable me to do this, and if so is there a version that supports the DIR-615 D2 router. I have looked at the shop and am unable to work this one out. It would be great if I could throttle bandwidth and apply a cap, but this may be beyond my limited knowledge.

Thanks agin for any help, and apologies for the long post.
tnnss6
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded my Virgin Media DIR-615 D1 to the latest version but still treacle speeds on the wireless with my iPhone. The killer app! Oh well, I'll keep trying each build as it appears to see if this bug is fixed.
mjpartyboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgraded our DIR-615 D2 from build 14311 to 14594 at the weekend and am pleased with the results so far. It's performing better than the other builds in between, but I do still get the have-to-click-a-link-more-than-once thing occasionally. The router was working super fast and without a hitch last night.
SadikP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys I have a D-Link DIR-615 D2 (supplied by ISP - Virgin Media).

Where do I download the dd-wrt firmware for this router? And is it as easy as flashing to official firmware?
Welshchris
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
right i have noticed something weird tho...

Even tho my wireless is fast and so on my wireless printer which is an Epson SX Stylus 515w looses connection randomly.

It doesnt do it with another router i have here which is a Netgear WNR2000V2.

AND! the most frightening one of all...

I have set the router to only allow access from certain mac addresses and specified 3 mac addresses. My PC, My Phone and my Wireless Printer YET! if i try and connect with a wireless device ive not added it still allows me access.
blitter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Random is the perfect description for the dir-615's wireless mode. I'm connecting over a long distance with high gain antennas, but the connection ranges from usually perfect to nothing at all. Multiplayer racing is great and then suddenly massive lag and warp...really frustrating!!
Welshchris
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
blitter ive noticed this, i can sit and watch the signal strength in the ddwrt status go from 92% to 33% in seconds and then back up again, its all over the place.
mjpartyboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I'm in the same room as the router or the one directly above the room where the router is I have problems with links opening with one click. When I'm anywhere else it's fine.
djfuego
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:23    Post subject: V24-preSP2 06-12 Build Reply with quote
Been using the latest build for a couple of weeks now.
This latest build does seem to be more stable. I have not been able to generate an SSH key for tunneling though it looks like half the console apps are missing.
At least the tunnel works. Laughing

ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-12-10-r14594/dlink-dir615d/
taylorig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well i've given up on this router now after it just seemed to get slower and slower over time. Been all way up to the latest DD-WRT release (r14594) and done all the usual stuff inbetween like reset the router etc and still running like a bag of spanner's.

One thing is that i was using all the ports on the back of the DIR-615 and it just seemed as if it can't handle it anymore. So i've gone back to my spare DI-624 which i have to say is in a different league to the 615 with speeds and overall stability. Also with the 624 i can put one of my Hi-Gain antenna's on it which works great.

The 615 was great at first and just feels as if it's gone down hill the more and more i flashed to newer firmwares.

*DIR-615 D2 to sit and gather dust for the rest of it's day's* R.I.P Razz lol
Welshchris
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
another one problem is using my phone which is a Samsung Monte on wifi using the DLink DIR-615 the connection is awful, cannot connect to facebook app at all and wifi will randomly disconnect.

My Netgear WNR2000V2 which has Netgear stock firmware works perfectly.
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had this build on a router for a few weeks and still it has the same problems.
When using Citrix to log in remotely or using the likes of Cisco VPN client, the connection becomes hit and miss-as it has been with every other build.If I then swap across to another wireless connection, my apps are solid as a rock. And I still get the click and wait scenario on certain webpages.
So sorry to say the same old problems seem to be there on this latest build-I really dont see the point in the dev whacking out new builds every few weeks without solving this main issue.
Is there a support wiki anywhere where this can be raised?

cheers

cabs
bearback
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
new build i just spotted
just going to try it out
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-30-10-r14684/dlink-dir615d/

this click and wait that some report to have, not seen that since i left VM firmware.
depends what your browsing i suppose

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 66, 67, 68  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 29 of 68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: