Create VPN tunnel through gateway on different subnet.

Denarius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 14:06    Post subject: Create VPN tunnel through gateway on different subnet. Reply with quote
I have two routers on my network. I want to set up my DD-WRT router to be a different subnet to the router that provides the PPPoE gateway, but I want the DD-WRT router to create a VPN tunnel using the WAN gateway on the other subnet, without the PPPoE gateway on the other router being available to the DD-WRT/VPN subnet. Can anyone advise me how to do this?
Sponsor
Denarius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thought I'd just elaborate a bit on this: at the moment I have one physical network containing two routers, one of which provides the WAN gateway (router with IP 192.168.8.1) and one which provides a VPN connection through the WAN gateway on the other router(router with ip 192.168.8.10). They both exist on the same subnet of 192.168.8.0 with mask of 255.255.255.0 at present and any computer on the network can use either the normal WAN gateway or the gateway through the VPN by defining the router in the computer settings as either 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.8.10.

However, due to a bug in the firmware of our PVR it can only connect to the LAN if it is set to DCHP, and will not connect properly with a manually configured Ip/subnet mask/router/DNS. This is why I want to create 2 separate logical networks on the physical network: so I can have DHCP serving associated with a logical network using the VPN for internet access while allowing other computers to be given manually assigned IPs and masks to operate on another logical network using the PPPoE WAN gateway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: