VMware Virtual Appliance (OVA|ISO) of DD-WRT beta-05-10-2016

heyvoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 0:17    Post subject: VMware Virtual Appliance (OVA|ISO) of DD-WRT beta-05-10-2016 Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I am here to present my contribution to the community.

The goal;
To be able to have a DD-WRT Virtual Appliance where I could create different bridged VLANs with different subnets and internet access.

After having tried some other OVA appliance without success. After searching and not finding a proper solution. I decided to build my own.
After a lot of research and testing I was able to find a DD-WRT distro that actually worked correctly.
So I used TinyCore 7.0 and DD-WRT beta-05-10-2016-r29621-x86_64 to build my appliance.

I posted a video on Youtube demostrating it;
https://youtu.be/ysVhJjI_AOg

And you can find the download links in the video description.
You can download the ISO to deploy yourself (Video tut showing this coming soon) or you can import the OVA where you will have the appliance ready.

Hope this comes in handy and feedback is always appreciated. Leave feedback on the video.

Quote:
This was tested on VMware Workstation 12. Pretty sure it will work also on VirtualBox and ESXi.

Cheers,

Heyvoon
Quote:
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: