Upgrades failing after 26839

lemurtech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 20:09    Post subject: Upgrades failing after 26839 Reply with quote
Running into a situation where EVERY version that I attempt to upgrade to segfaults. I'm currently on x86 26839 and have no issues with that version, but would like to update. I've updated many previous versions, but can't seem to get past this one without the below error.

"httpd[2294]: segfault at 48 ip 774f5da4 sp 7fe8f8d8 error 4 in libc.so.0"

- Attempted upgrade from 19519 to 29621 but failed.
- Upgraded from 19519 to 20675 without issue.
- Upgraded from 20675 to 24461 without issue.
- Attempted upgrade from 24461 to anything around 29000 but failed.
- Upgraded 24461 to 26839 without issue.
- Attempted upgrade from 26839 to the following versions and all of them segfault: 26947, 27240, 27490, 27858, 29621.

Any ideas what might be causing this or how to upgrade further?
Sponsor
lemurtech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Minor addendum:

After carefully watching the upload, it looks like the segault appears just before it finishes the uploading...on every version after 26839. They aren't corrupt. I've tested on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently tried fresh install of the r29739 and at first was working then I went to my custom settings as usual with ip address then it failed to update to new ip i couldn't get back in cli i could see it but not connect to it on my browser using firefox and chrome. I even went to format the drive and start over but just failed to work after the fresh install and for some reason it would revert to that ip address that i originally had problems the ip i created and so i gave up for now not sure if there was problem using gparted, or parted will do it again when i have the network to myself and will put my results here. I hadn't gone and used the r26839 since you mentioned that it is working i'd like to check if there is a problem with the drive when i have more time. I wouldn't think that the original ip address is hard coded?(192.168.1.1)
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
I recently tried fresh install of the r29739 and at first was working then I went to my custom settings as usual with ip address then it failed to update to new ip i couldn't get back in cli i could see it but not connect to it on my browser using firefox and chrome. I even went to format the drive and start over but just failed to work after the fresh install and for some reason it would revert to that ip address that i originally had problems the ip i created and so i gave up for now not sure if there was problem using gparted, or parted will do it again when i have the network to myself and will put my results here. I hadn't gone and used the r26839 since you mentioned that it is working i'd like to check if there is a problem with the drive when i have more time. I wouldn't think that the original ip address is hard coded?(192.168.1.1)

Ok, what it seems that when i changed the ip address and I'm using dhcp on the wan there was a bit of mix up on my part that i forgot that the wiki mentioned that the wan would be the onboard ether and i always use the pci card and for what ever reason i just couldn't just delete, format or even dd the drive i just couldn't get to a default 192.xxx.x.x address anyways dealing for what i had i just switched cables but still didn't work so but i was able to get access through telnet but it freaked out when issued the cmd ifconfig eth1 down since i used a live linux distro to change the macs from one to another onboard to the pci i was able to get in and make the changes through the gui and it is up and running using the current dd-wrt_public_vga.image r29816 hope that makes sense to anyone, i'm assuming somewhere in the block there was still information on my settings that i had done and so i'll have to wait to see if and when the next beta update comes out to see if those settings are still in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: