Clarification on USB support in x86 Pro

justpushplay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 23:15    Post subject: Clarification on USB support in x86 Pro Reply with quote
Hi All,

I've been digging around for several days trying to see if there is support for the Asix AX88772 chipset, as used in the Apple A1277 USB to Ethernet adapter. I have a pair of these sitting idle, but have had no luck with the unregistered version of x86 pro recognizing them. I will be purchasing the pro version as soon as I get a USB adapter working. Do I need to purchase/register x86 pro for full USB support? The unregistered pro version works great on a commodity Athlon box with two NICs, but I want to use a retired quiet small form factor Dell Optiplex GX620 with no PCI slots and only one gigabit ethernet port. I'll gladly purchase a Pegasus II adapter if thats all I need to do. Any advice or device recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
The USB is reserved for External HDD or Flash drives or Printers. Nothing else works on the USB port for DD-wrt.

Also your better off getting realtek based PCI-E cards with the 8169sc gigabit adapters Also it would be wise to use the x64bit version of DD-WRT since it supports more cards than the 32bit did.

I highly doubt BrainSlayer will put drivers in for Apple Products.

The only thing the free version is limited to is 4096 ports are used and No wireless cards will work. If you do want wireless you have to use certain Atheros or broadcom cards and they are very picky which ones to use. The pro version does 65535 ports which is the max.
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
not entireley the full truth , usb ethernet adapters of certain chipsets are supported too , i used successfully pegasus chipset based usb to ethernet adapter for a project some years ago

almost all atheros chipset based wifi modules with pci bus are supported , only usb based wifi adapter will not work ..

any atheros chipset based wifi adapter which runs on ath5k, ath9k and ath10k linux driver will work ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: