Two Networks in Home Setup

zubbs1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 19:51    Post subject: Two Networks in Home Setup Reply with quote
Running Kong firmware version DD-WRT v3.0-r32170M (06/11/17)

Here is a diagram of my current networks.

Network 1
DSL ISP -> Actiontec Modem/router (192.168.0.1)->ASUS RT-N12 (Repeater Mode)
    Marx (192.168.0.4 - wired to repeater)
    Laptop
    Ipad1
    Ipad 2

Network 2
Phone ISP-> dedicated Laptop-> Shared Connection ->ASUS RT-68U (Gateway Mode - 192.168.1.1)
    Tesla (192.168.1.149 wired)
    Marx (192.168.1.120 wired)
    Laptop
    Ipad1
    Ipad 2

Marx – home server computer running Ubuntu 16.04, Has two network cards, so two ethernet jacks.
Tesla – Pc dual OS Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04
Other devices are going to be connected to one network or the other, but not fixed, and are all wireless connections.

What I want:
1) Marx to be visible to share and stream files on local network for my home no matter which network a device connects to.
2) All remote access disabled (I will not need to have any remote access from outside of one of the two local networks)
2) Marx to have internet only through the 192.168.0.1 gateway, absolutely no internet (no web http, no p2p connections for file sharing etc.) from 192.168.1.1 gateway
3) Ability to continue to RDP share Marx's desktop with Tesla (I can do it currently when both are on network 1 using Remmina Remote Desktop Client).
4)Ability to run OpenVPN client on the RT68U router on the 192.168.1.1 gateway without interfering with my other items on this list.

I do not understand the coding needed for iptables, iproute, or vlans. I am however very good at following directions, so I am hoping someone has a setup instructions for me.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: