Block DHCP/broadcast traffic on one port

PiMaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 19:46    Post subject: Block DHCP/broadcast traffic on one port Reply with quote
Hello!

I want to set up my dd-wrt (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/23/14) mega) as my main access point/DHCP server. I have a (really bad) router/AP/modem combo from my provider that desperately needs replacing, but sadly I can't buy another modem (device lock that I can't circumnavigate).

My preferred setup would be to use the ISP thingy as just a modem and router with DMZ set up, an then connect my dd-wrt router behind it as the actual device that "does all the work" - I want to avoid double NAT though.

Problem is, the ISP devices firmware is locked down to the point where I cannot even turn off DHCP, but I really want my dd-wrt device to be the DHCP server for my network.

Is there a way to block DHCP traffic on the one port that connects to the ISP device? The dd-wrt should simply get a static IP and serve DHCP on all interfaces, but block all DHCP requests to the ISP device and answer them itself without any double responses. (Blocking broadcasts in general on that port would work too, as they are ignored by the ISP router anyway)

[devices] <--DHCP/many ports--> dd-wrt <--NO DHCP/one connection--> ISP device

I hope my question is somewhat clear,

thanks in advance,

PiMaker
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: