Wireless Node/Clients list empty yet site survey full

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cetane1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 20:01    Post subject: Wireless Node/Clients list empty yet site survey full Reply with quote
Hello,
I've been at this for two weeks now and need to ask for input. I have previously set up a Linksys wrt54g using dd-wrt v24-sp2 in repeater mode to connect to a local xfinitywifi hotspot. I recently decided to use a better router for this job so I converted a Netgear R6700 to a R7000 and was running the June 17 kong firmware but today reved up to dd-wrt v3.0-r33010m (9/15/17).

The Linksys works pretty well but its range is limited, does not have a 5g radio and is limited in ram so it runs the abridged dd-wrt firmware.

I for the life of me cannot get the netgear to pull a WAN IP. I think I've isolated it to the fact that most of the time I cannot see a single wireless node show up on the status page (unlike the Linksys) and yet the site survey is fully populated for both radios. Also, there was a single occurrence where I did see a single access point show up on the 5g radio but I couldn't pull a WAN IP for it.

It seems the radio(s) are deaf. I never had a problem with the router when it had the factory firmware. Also, I went through every single screen on the wrt54g install and made sure that all those settings were identical on the netgear. However, the Linksys has an abridged set of commands in the gui and there are lots of additional parameters that can be set in the netgear gui.

Why would the radio(s) see plenty of nodes using "site survey" but when it comes to the "wireless node/clients" list practically nothing shows up? Also, regarding pulling a WAN IP, I did try iPhone tethering mode and it pulled an IP just fine with an iPhone tether.

I just don't get it. I don't know if it's because the R6700 is not really a R7000. I think I followed the upgrade sequence precisely. I went through peacock post and I still can't understand this issue.

Would somebody provide input?

Thank you,
Bill
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 14:06    Post subject: Re: Wireless Node/Clients list empty yet site survey full Reply with quote
cetane1 wrote:
there was a single occurrence where I did see a single access point show up on the 5g radio but I couldn't pull a WAN IP for it.
First, did you factory (GUI) reset after flashing DD on the netgear, and manually set up? And, what all settings did you change?
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: