Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N - newest working beta firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
blapin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 18:49    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N - newest working beta firmware Reply with quote
This extremely inexpensive router (got mine new ~$12 shipped on eBay) has an Atheros chipset, which is nice for setting up a repeater with an Atheros primary router. I've been trying to upgrade the ancient factory-installed "pro firmware" DD-WRT build with community DD-WRT builds.

I'm just writing this post because I can't edit the wiki or anything, so I thought future people might like to know that the newest DD-WRT beta that I could get working on it has been r32597 at ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/07-08-2017-r32597/buffalo_whr_hp_g300n/

Any of the newer firmware builds that I've tried have silently failed to upgrade. I haven't thoroughly tested this build with the router yet, though. I just know that it installs properly. I hope this is helpful to someone.

edit:

Thought people might like to know that this router is plagued with the weird DMA errors similarly to some other Atheros chipset routers. Possibly precipitated by an Edimax EW-7811Un Linux-based client. The DMA error coincides with quietly and permanently dropping the Edimax adapter's connection until the Edimax adapter manually re-establishes it or the router is rebooted. I wouldn't recommend this router.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: