Linksys 3200acm- Cellular hotspot to router help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Nickelz34
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 18:02    Post subject: Linksys 3200acm- Cellular hotspot to router help Reply with quote
I cant seem to find any recent info on how to get this to work with the recent builds avail.

I just want to be able to enable my hotspot on my rooted pixel xl and router will see it as internet to supply to the network.

I would also like to throttle the speed down so the internet that the router supplies to the house is more like a glorified dialup connection.

I could just enable hotspot on phone but then if a device in my home requests more data for something random it will just drain my data like its nothing. I also wont get all the nice services like VPNs and TOR capabilities etc.

Maybe this is easier and i am just overthinking it idk ?

I was thinking i would just change the mode on the router from AP to another option and connect to the available connection from phone and it would share resources from both networks as if it was one whole network.

sorry if i have overlooked something or if this is the wrong spot for this i am still kind of a n00b here. Just been kinda lurking for a while trying to learn before i posted .

thanks for your time Smile

edit:

forgot to add some details on the hardware and whats running on it to help

Router Name-DD-WRT
Router Model-Linksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware Version- DD-WRT v3.0-r35667 std (04/04/1)
Kernel Version-Linux 4.9.92 #124 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 2 01:55:33 CEST 2018 armv7l
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: