Vmware version

rviteri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:51    Post subject: Vmware version Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I installed the vmware version of dd-wrt V24 as a host. Everything works perfectly except one thing..

My host system is OpenSuse 10.3 with gnome.
I have Vmware server installed.

I have a HP s3100n with 2GB RAM, so I am able to have three host systems, which are the following:
1) FREENAS
2) Elastix (Asterisk distro)
3) DD-WRT V24 Vmware version

I have two wired interfaces that are recognized in OpenSUSE.
1) eth0
2) eth1

So this is what I have..

To eth0 I have my incoming wan connection - from my cable modem straight to the computer and to this one I have DHCP Enabled.

To eth1 I have a cable going to a switch to this one I have No IP Address (for Bonding Devices).

All of this I have configured it through GNOME as I am just trying to learn some linux (because of this project).

In Vmware server this is my current set up for the DD-WRT V24 host.

Ethernet 1 - Bridged
Ethernet 2 - NAT
( I had to change on to NAT as this was the only way I could get the internet to go to the wan port of the router)

Everything works inside the lan, my FREENAS & Asterisk.

My problem is the following:

I can only see the host machine when I set Ethernet 2 to Bridged. If I do this the host gets an IP address from the router but I can't access the internet.

Second, I can't forward any ports from the router. I seems that everything gets stuck by the host.

So, my hypothesis is that If I could get the host to route everything to the Virtual Router I could be able to user port forwarding and other features of the router.

If someone is familiar with OpenSUSE or VMWARE Server please help me Crying or Very sad
This is the only thing that is preventing me from having a perfect set up.

Regards,

rviteri
Sponsor
rviteri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: