filesystem, CF Card, kernel panic

Zapy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 15:54    Post subject: filesystem, CF Card, kernel panic Reply with quote
hi, im wondering what filesystem the second, third and fourth partition should be in when useing the dd command under *nix "installation" of the dd-wrt 24 version?

I installed it with " dd if=ddrtimage.image of=/dev/sda " where the sda is a 2 gb compact flash card in a CF-to-SATA adapter, this work-t on my P4 system but when i changed the P4 to a AMD Athlon 3200+ 939 system (its my test-bed) i cant get it work.

It just boots up and says something about kernel panic and couldn't mount root system or something, iwe got a picture of it on the camera but i need to transfer it and upload it.

I have tried to use the DSL with no success, it just freezes with a black screen, at the point it should start the x system or something, anyway i downloaded the ubuntu livecd and that work-t but when checking the disk with gparted it says ext2 as the primary, and unknown on the three other partitions created when running the dd command.

sudo dd if=.....

is what i run with the ubuntu live cd, when i had it working on the P4 system i used a 512MB CF card, i have blanked the 2GB card with various partition and harddisk drive tools and then run the dd command again, i have even tried it with physdiskwrite from m0n0wall with no success.

Ill try the 512 card again and see, but at this point, anyone that has seen this problem?
Sponsor
Zapy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
i actually found my answer in one of the stickys, sda is scsi, that's why it isn't working i guess.
Zapy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
the motherboard is a asus a8n-sli premium with nforce4 and one silicon image raid-sata chip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: