Factory defaults via Telnet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
davidred
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 23:46    Post subject: Factory defaults via Telnet Reply with quote
Hi All,

I've got 3 Linksys WRT54G's. They used to run DD-WRT v23 SP2 but I had some problems with my WDS connection so I decided to completly reflash from new. I grabbed the first unit and did a reset to defaults, reflashed using the Linksys firmware, did the clear NVRAM & reset to defaults option and went to load DD-WRT v23 SP2 again.

The firmware went across fine but I was unable to browse to the admin interface. The device was pingable and I could telnet into it and run all the usual commands without any errors. The nvram settings for http_enable were set to 1 and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. When viewing the page source for the busted web interface it only had a few lines of output. I then did the reset to factory defaults using the button on the back and everything came up fine after that.

I then grabbed my second router, reset to defaults, cleared nvram, etc, upgraded and it went without a hitch - I did not need to reset via the switch on the back to get things to work.

Now the problem is the 3rd router. It is in a very hard to get place (on top of a double storey house on a big pole). It's currently been reset to defaults, nvram cleared and flashed with the Linksys firmware. I am hesitant to install the DD-WRT firmware as I will not be able to get to the router to perform the reset without a lot of effort.

So my question is - is it possible to perform the same functions as the reset button via the telnet interface as I was able to get to this without any problem on the first radio.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
dommer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was in a similiar delima when I overclocked and brick my WRT54G v3.1, and one of the member post the following and did the trick for me:-
mtd erase nvram
reboot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: