Using a Wrt54g linksys router as a repeater for Internet

happy.hereafter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:58    Post subject: Using a Wrt54g linksys router as a repeater for Internet Reply with quote
T his setup has been accomplished but the dude who set it up is no longer of this earth.

I have a strong unidirectional antenna sitting on my Window ledge connected to wrt54g linksys router and I finally got the windows pc to talk to the router.

Now I need the router to access the wireless access webpage.

The router is out of warranty and the ISP is not cooperating, which they never do. It takes several visits from a technician who charges privately. It's one of the few ISP that service this neighborhood cause our landlord won't allow fiber to be installed.

Again a friend got this to work before. Just a different model of wrt54 router.

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
happy.hereafter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Low and behold I got the dd-wrt firmware updated/installed.

And I also got the old crap rukus modem to connect to the city wifi.

Problem is I cannot connect to city wifi without the modem yet. I also cannot use the airdroid app that makes it so much easier to move files on and off my smartphone.

I'd really like to get the router (wrt54g) to do what the modem currently does. And I guess its in the settings of dd-wrt, thats what I currently need help with.

Any ideas ladies and gentlemen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: