Client Bridge mode trouble - help?

ve7ept
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 16:05    Post subject: Client Bridge mode trouble - help? Reply with quote
My setup is two Alix routers with atheros wifi cards (Xagyl 420m) in Client Mode connecting to a third Alix router in AP mode. These are going to be used as a stand-alone LAN among three amateur communications sites for audio and control purposes (all equipment on same subnet). Using DD-WRT x86 v24-sp2 (05/27/13) std - build 21676

Followed Wiki and everything worked fist time, saved and applied the settings, and left running worked good for several days at home. All sites could talk to each other. Powered everything off in prep for deployment, then decided to test once more time before heading out.

On powering up, it no longer works. The Clients show the access point in the Status Wireless window, and when I hit 'join' in survey window says I have joined. However, there is no communication, and in the status wireless window the clients are still searching channels. The AP status - wireless window doesn't show any clients.

I have double-checked that the network SSID is correct, there is no security enabled, routers are in router mode etc.

Any suggestions????
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
1st: upgrade
2nd: use wds (read the wiki article) and u will be happy

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I have switched to WDS mode (very easy to set-up), and all is working well in the shop....next is to deploy to field locations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: