x86 network card list -

thegrio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 21:01    Post subject: x86 network card list - Reply with quote
Just upgraded to this image from an image from 2009: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/x86/dd-wrt_public_vga.image

It seems my Gigabit network card that has detected in 2008/2009 images is now no longer being seen. I would get into the system to dmesg and lspci the devices, but there's also this: Apparently the latest versions of the images have an issue on x86 arch with a kernel video module?

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2817

Trying to figure out how to approach this to get the card working again. I can always go back, but a 4-year-old software package feels like an exploit waiting to happen.

I'm stuck because I have no VGA, and I have no means of logging into the server to see the devices in question... because they're not working. I'm only partially familiar with utilizing TTY; is it simple a 9-pin serial cable and fire up Putty, or do I need a null-modem cable to make things work?

I'm a little stuck and would love some advice on the direction to go.

Thanks all.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
read the stickies regarding the missing card drivers
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah posted a reply in there as well. I went back to the 3/25/13 BrainSlayer build, and the drivers detected correct. It's just in the most recent build it would appear. Official works, but official is also 3 years old.

Also, the July build as well as the March build still have the video buffer bug on x86 hardware. It was supposed to be resolved in October of last year, but I don't believe it is.

Now, that said, I'm using the public image. I'm interested in actually buying the full, but I'd like the video buffer to operate correctly before I do.

I'm not sure exactly how to submit bugs, but I'd be willing if this is something that would be looked at. Any input would be great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: