Struggle with settings in hyper-v

actingrude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:51    Post subject: Struggle with settings in hyper-v Reply with quote
So I am running dd-wrt on windows server 2012 as a vm.
I have an virtual internal switch providing connections to all other vms on the server as well as the managing os.
I have another virtual switch connecting just dd-wrt to the outside world (Wan).
And finally I have 2 more switches that connect dd-wrt to one of the two ports on my intell networking card.

The issue I am having is starting to get to me and I am hoping someone has a suggestion or maybe even a solution. I am able to load webpages from the other vm's. I am able to connect the controlling os, and the vms to the router gui page (192.168.1.1).
However I cannot get my laptop plugged in to either of the 2 ports to be able to connect to the internet, or the vms on the server. It sometimes shows up as a connected ip in the router settings but pings from one side of this wall can not seem to reach the other.
I suspected it may be an issue with a bridged connection not working as I intended but it shows all of the interfaces being bridged together correctly so I am at a loss here.

Please, any advice?
Sponsor
actingrude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone hoping to find an answer to this; as you can see there is little information. I think it's an issue with dd-wrt changing interface configurations if there is no signal present from a router or modem. I'm going to continue hunting down info as the issue can result in a near-permanent outage behind the router (office wide) which as we all know is not acceptable in a real environment. I'm thinking I may have a similar issue to another user but I'm just not 100%. Any advise is still welcome and I will update if I find a solution; but right now it's too intermittent to hunt down the cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: