Running x86 build on Alix Wrap - Routed Interfaces?

turlockaviator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 19:05    Post subject: Running x86 build on Alix Wrap - Routed Interfaces? Reply with quote
Trying to get my head around bridged and unbridged interfaces. I have an Alix Wrap board with three 100M ethernet interfaces. I don't want any bridged interfaces, instead desiring routed interfaces (one for the WAN port and the other two being separate LAN IP subnets natted to the WAN port for Internet Access). One of the two LAN ports will be guest wifi access, so I'll be looking to use some sort of captive portal.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I tried selecting unbridged in the port setup, and found myself in a position where I could no longer connect to the router. Do I need to setup VLAN's to make this work? I also see an interface labeled "etherip0" that I'm wondering about.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sincerely,
Chris
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes this is possible. go to setup->advanced routing and switch gateway to any other mode like routed or ospf or whatever you like. so it will turn off the typical wan/lan gateway. you still can turn on masquerading on dedicated interfaces later on the networking page for instance

Navigation

Jump to: