OpenVPN Client and Port Forwarding Incoming Traffic

bengalih
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:36    Post subject: OpenVPN Client and Port Forwarding Incoming Traffic Reply with quote
I recently setup DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std
(SVN revision 22118) on a virtual machine running within my ESXi server. I have it working as my ISP router currently with the OpenVPN client out to my tunneling provider (PIA).

I am new to OpenVPN, and I'm not entirely sure if what I want is possible. In my previous work with P2P VPNs using commercial hardware I was able to setup the VPN between two appliances *and* also allow those IP addresses to accept incoming traffic from outside sources.

So, what I am trying to do is have all the traffic that is sourced from my internal networks go out over the OpenVPN tunnel, but I would also like to be able to access internal servers via port-forwards/NAT from my public IP address (from *any* outside source).

I'm not even sure what the right term to use here is (split tunnel? policy routing?)...

Can someone let me know the correct term, if what I want to do is possible, and how I can go about getting it done?

TIA
Sponsor
atlfmv7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I'm currently trying to do the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: