Need to renew license with new WAN card

lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 23:53    Post subject: Need to renew license with new WAN card Reply with quote
Hello BrainSlayer,
It's been several years since I have visited this forum, mainly because everything has been working so damn good for the past 5 years.

Today, while doing some much overdue routine maintenance, I noticed a capacitor on the WAN card in my x86 router is bleeding badly, and the IC next to it has severely corroded pins. The card will mostly likely die sooner, than later. It's a very busy router handling 60x60Mb/s averaging a throughput of around 2TB per day.

It is currently running x86 Build 9994 from July of 2008.

Is it possible to re-license this router with a new WAN card, or do I just need to purchase a new license and retire the old license?

Thanks!
Sponsor
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I assume from the lack of a response here, I just will need to purchase a new license.
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I get that too. Over 60 views on my post and no comments either. But I know for a fact the Mac address on the cards is tied with the license keys. So yeah you do need to purchase a new license. Kinda sucks you can't upgrade or replace cards because of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: