38 meg out of 1 Gig ram use?

xox101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 21:56    Post subject: 38 meg out of 1 Gig ram use? Reply with quote
I'm running a registered version of DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std build 24461 32 bit on a mini itx board with dual nics, flash card, 1.6 Atom and 1 gig of ram.

It has been running well although I could never get the wireless to work so am using my old Billion router as a WAP. Because it is the registered version I have increased the Maximum Ports under IP Filter Settings to 55096 to help out with peer to peer.

But although when torrenting the Atom hits around 70% the ram use never exceeds about 38mb. In fact it never goes above this no matter the load on the router. Surely with 1 gig of ram installed the ram use should increase according to the load?

I realise DD WRT is not designed to use a lot of ram, rather the opposite but is there a way to increase the ram use? Would this make a difference or does it not matter? Or how about 64 bit DD WRT? Is it optimised to use more ram?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddwrt (linux kernel) uses as much ram as it needs. its designed for a low memory footprint
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: