Please post about good working builds here! Please!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wilkr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06    Post subject: Broadcom 4716A on e2000 running 14929 std trailed build Reply with quote
I'm a total novice, but I followed the directions and upgraded to this build on the router I received as a gift.
I was so excited that I wrote to dd-wrt to promise a donation from my SS payment as soon as I can.
I got a reply from Bjorn advising that I should probably update for security etc;
He recommended 26138 mini, then Mega for this router.
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree...the 26138 build is currently my fall-back build when I'm testing these latest (>26300) builds...The 26138 runs quite well on my older V24, K2.6 and newer K3.x units. His advice is good.

All builds after 26300 have some very strange problems that the Dev's haven't gotten a handle on yet (last release at this writing 26424)

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with choosing 26138 as one of the best recent builds (but not on WDR3600 and WDR43xx, which might brick).
However, 26446 might be even better (except for the IPv6 bug introduced in build 26405).
See the CHANGELOG in my signature for more details on fixes and known bugs.

Tshoco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which build do you recommend for my WRT610N?

Is 25697 good?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's Broadcom, try latest 26490. If you have problems, go back to 26138.
Tshoco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:

thanks for quick response.
Are the latest builds also good for Repeater / Bridge mode?
Could not find anything specific about that.

It's a wrt610n v2
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tshoco wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

It's a wrt610n v2

That's why I said to go back to 26138 (or maybe 26339, not sure about this though), if you have problems with Repeater/Repeater Bridge on 26490.
Also read this ticket: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4038

toastyz71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
In regards to Repeater Bridged mode, Found that Kong 22000++ works. I lost count of the number of other builds that I tried without success.
JNavas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
toastyz71 wrote:
In regards to Repeater Bridged mode, Found that Kong 22000++ works. I lost count of the number of other builds that I tried without success.

For those routers it supports, Kong 22000++ is an excellent, recommended build in general.

toastyz71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a second e3000 that doesn't need repeater bridge mode on 26446, and it's stable so far, as well.
fallen2stealth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really... This thread and the Database in general should work like the guys at Cyanogen have their device database. The Wiki has a list of the four most compatible firmwares for a device showing most stable, most compatible, latest compatible, and most current experimental...

we should have a device page with each major builds most compatible and latests experimental. Plus we could put information on the device and those of us who do teardowns and stuff could show where JTAG and CON/TTY ports are for each device.
JNavas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallen2stealth wrote:
Really... This thread and the Database in general should work like the guys at Cyanogen have their device database. The Wiki has a list of the four most compatible firmwares for a device showing most stable, most compatible, latest compatible, and most current experimental...

we should have a device page with each major builds most compatible and latests experimental. Plus we could put information on the device and those of us who do teardowns and stuff could show where JTAG and CON/TTY ports are for each device.

We do have device wiki pages for just that purpose.
Feel free to jump in and contribute.
Much more helpful than complaining here. Wink

Last edited by JNavas on Thu Jun 04, 2015 13:54; edited 1 time in total
absmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krypte,

In regards to Repeater Bridged mode, Found that Kong 22000++ works the best until now. I lost count of the number of other builds that I tried without success, especially 26138. I got two e4200 dd-wrt flashed to 26138 (30/30/30 each time of course) and fully connected as right now. They talk to each other with a high TX error rate and a frequent dropping wireless connection. More I could not connect any device (iphone or samsung or ipad) to the Virtual interface of the repeater bridge with WPA2/AES on. I get a couple of errors messages like unknown password or/and unable ot join. That's strange that since Kong build, no one build has ever handled the repeater bridge bug (WPA2/AES on Virtual Interface). Tons of builds are being tested but no one works for repeater bridge mode. Really strange!!

Thanks KrypteX!!!

KrypteX wrote:
Tshoco wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

It's a wrt610n v2

That's why I said to go back to 26138 (or maybe 26339, not sure about this though), if you have problems with Repeater/Repeater Bridge on 26490.
Also read this ticket: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4038
rickW
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
toastyz71 wrote:

I agree with toastyz71.

I usually keep on reverting to Kong´s 22000++ for my E2000. Repeater Bridge works well with this build.

I have also used it as AP and VPN with great success. I dont know if there is a later build with such charateristics.

As of the time of this writing I havent found a better build
rickW
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the past few days, I´ve been testing the latest builds, in particular 27413 for Broadcom devices.

I own E900, E1200V2, E2000, E3000 (among others) and this build has been tested in all of them, both K26 and K3X, and all of them work nicelly, in particular the K3 builds.

All of them have proved to work in AP mode, client bridge and repeater bridge.Very stable, fast and the new interface is nice for a change.

Minor glitches here and there but nothing that prevents from using it.

Also, I´ve been reluctant to use K3 build in my devices, but as I can now see, those builds are stable, fast and the most updated, in particular, Kernel -wyse.

The only problem with some of the devices is the update procedure for K3 builds, but once you get accustomed to it , the are worth the effort.

Also, I like the way the Team has been tackling the numerous pending upgrades, fixes (tickets)... sort of what we do in Android development, by Nightlies. Frequent, short but secure updates.

congratulations !!

Edit: I just noticed that todays builds (27435) includes the final release of Kernel 3.10.81, 4.0.6, 4.1. Reacent builds included the Release Candidate of such kernel, so, todays Broadcom should be running even better. Will report back

Edit: After using build 27435 I found it to be slow both in WiFi and overall router performace (my Broadcom Routers) so I migrated all of them to 27453. I found this build to be the best thus far.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: