"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
bikeboy24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:52    Post subject: 5Ghz Authentication Reply with quote
I'm having a strange issue with my EA6400. It seems like I'm having some issues getting 5GHz working with authentication. Using the modified CFE with the correct MAC addresses. 5GHz works fine if I turn off authentication (open).

edit: For those who have the same issue, the original instructions for CFE seem to work. Maybe it's specific to some versions?

Wl0_hwaddr reference mac + 1
0: macaddr reference mac + 1
Wl1_hwaddr reference mac + 4
1: macaddr reference mac + 4
Sponsor
paulbo99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:50    Post subject: Installing on EA6400 build 172334 Reply with quote
I just got an ea6400, it came with build 172334, and it seems locked... I've tried uploading both the small build and an older firmware both through the GUI (and it gave an error), and using TFTP (it looked like it succeeded from the TFTP app, but the firmware didn't change).

Is there any way to install on this version without using the serial connection? For example, is there a way to get to the cfe webserver on stock?

I read that someone got the cfe webserver on stock on an ea6900 using the 30/30/30 reset. And then I hear lots of people say not to do a 30/30/30 reset.

I tried the "restore previous version" button, but it didn't change the version either.

Any ideas? Am I stuck on stock unless I can figure out the serial connection? Argh! I need my merlin!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no cfe server on stock. That's the asus part.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpearn wrote:
FYI latest merlin_qin X7.4

http://firmware.koolshare.cn/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400/X7.4/EA6400_380.65_X7.4.trx

Can't seem to download from there.

It works fine over at their github repo.

https://github.com/koolshare/firmware/tree/master/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400

According to translation; this version is synced up to asuswrt 380.65
Quote:
Synchronous merlin 380.65-X7.4 code, update log see https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/Changelog.txt here 380.65 update log

Upgrade instructions:
Upgrading X7.4 from the X7.x family does not need to empty the configuration and format the jffs partition
Upgrading X7.4 from X6.x series, you need to clear the router configuration and format the jffs partition

Quite a bit of changes since last release, https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/Changelog.txt - I will be trying this fw in a bit; seems fairly stable atm.

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
paulbo99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
There is no cfe server on stock. That's the asus part.

Well, that stinks. Then the only way to get merlin firmware on a router with 172334 and stock cfe is to use the serial connection?

I've looked through a bunch of pages on this thread and done some google searches, but I haven't found out how to connect to this router with a serial connection, and to flash a custom firmware once I do. Would any one be kind enough to point me in the right direction? I'm sorry in advance if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks for your help!
MilesDuron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hellow everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for this great post and the community, it has been very helpful. I have been trying to install dd-wrt on my EA6400 for a couple of days and on my first attempt, I was able to install the linkys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-small-version.bin and run it with no problem, but returned to the firmware Linksys every time I tried to install the full version of dd-wrt. So I kept looking and I found the butterworth tutorial and I tried to follow it, but it seems like newer versions of the original firmware lock somehow the router so now i can't install any firmware, it keeps returning to linksys firmware even when it says that the upgrade was succesful.

I don't know if i did something wrong or if anyone can help me with this problem. In the meanwhile a suggest to not upgrade your router to the lastest original firmware if you want to install a custom firmware.

Regards,
MilesDuron.
ea6300
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I pierced the router a few years ago, DD-WRT, because of this it has become a brick. LEDs flashing continuously.
Yesterday connected via USB-TTL and appeared console "CFE>", then I pressed Enter, and introduced the "exit". After that the router is turned off and does not give me more than to connect via USB-TTL, the router does not return anything in the putty.
Although the LEDs flash, firmware receives.
How can I fix this?
trevmlt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ech68 wrote:
So I've got an EA6300v1 running dd-wrt now, and it looks to be working as expected (for now) in bridge repeater mode.

But I noticed that the "LAN MAC" isn't showing the one that I configured in the cfe (Koolshare version)... In fact it's got the LAN and Wireless LAN (wl0) macs assigned as the same. I've got this in the cfeedit window:

hw_mac_addr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:84
et0macaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:84
lan_hwaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:84
1:macaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:88
wl1_hwaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:88
0:macaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:86
wl0_hwaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:86

but I'm seeing the C8:D7:19:4D:8D:86 mac in the status window for the "LAN MAC". I also see that the same value is in the nvram lan_hwaddr value somehow, even though the cfe has the 84 address. I just opened the cfe again to check my work, and it's as listed above.

I see this using: DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 std (12/15/16), v3.0-r30965M kongac, as well as the small build used to write the cfe originally.

Is there possibly some quirk causing this discrepancy? Maybe an oddity caused by using the Koolshare instead of the xvortex cfe? I'm a little reluctant to screw around with the cfe if it's not needed or even likely to change things.

Thanks,
-ech68

Not sure if you got this sorted, but you can use:
nvram set hw_mac_addr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:XX for each of these after you ssh in. This will correct it in the status window.

I set these three according to what was printed on bottom of router:

hw_mac_addr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:84
et0macaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:84
lan_hwaddr=C8:D7:19:4D:8D:84

The wan is lan +1, 0: is lan +2 and 1: is lan +4 (wan is supposed to calc automatically, but I had to set regardless).

Don't forget to use commit after all the set are done.

trev
Zefiro50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:58    Post subject: Re: Installing on EA6400 build 172334 Reply with quote
paulbo99 wrote:
I just got an ea6400, it came with build 172334, and it seems locked... I've tried uploading both the small build and an older firmware both through the GUI (and it gave an error), and using TFTP (it looked like it succeeded from the TFTP app, but the firmware didn't change).

Is there any way to install on this version without using the serial connection? For example, is there a way to get to the cfe webserver on stock?

I read that someone got the cfe webserver on stock on an ea6900 using the 30/30/30 reset. And then I hear lots of people say not to do a 30/30/30 reset.

I tried the "restore previous version" button, but it didn't change the version either.

Any ideas? Am I stuck on stock unless I can figure out the serial connection? Argh! I need my merlin!

Hi, After you tried to do a reset and manually set your ethernet IP to 192.168.1.100, subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway to 192.168.1.1, are you able to see like a CFE MiniWebserver page? If so, you can use the TFTP.exe file to upload the super hacky dd-wrt version to your router. I had an issue like this and posted it on page 74. Afterwards do a reset and power off the unit. Then press the WPS key for 30 seconds and while still holding on to the button turn the router on. The DD-WRT change password screen should appear when you try to access the 192.168.1.1 address in your browser. Good Luck!
Zefiro50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10    Post subject: Heatsink and Fan Upgrade on EA6300V1 Koolshare 7.4x Reply with quote
So my router started to crap out more often on my previous build so I decided to upgrade the firmware to the latest Koolshare 7.4x firmware.

I started by following Butterworths post regarding filing down down the heat sink bolts. I then installed a small fan and is powered by the pinout that is located at the right side of the board. With a voltmeter, the pin on the top provides 3.3 volts. I too this source and soldered a wire on the ground from the power source. Now my router is running at around 36c.

Lets hope the firmware is stable and free from hacks.

IMG_1164.JPG
 Description:
Small fan from a scrapped laptop cooler. I cut a hole on the top side of the router and secured the fan with zip-tie on each corner.
 Filesize:  200 KB
 Viewed:  16321 Time(s)

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG
 Description:
Pin on the top side provides 3.3 volts. I soldered a ground wire to the negative side of the 12 volt source.
 Filesize:  181.64 KB

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG
 Description:
GoodWill Treasure!
 Filesize:  140.45 KB

IMG_1166.JPG

protectivedad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been using Merlin but I can't get Transmission to run, it keeps seg faulting when it goes to download anything (file, blocklist, etc). It was working and then it stopped. So I switched back to dd-wrt but it doesn't allow high number vlans (I'm on Bell Aliant FibreOp which uses vlan 35 for internet traffic). After some searching and compiling I compiled the switch-robo.ko with the change that allows for more than 16 vlans (I changed it to 64). I'm posting it hear just in case someone else can use it. To get is to work (for Bell Aliant FibreOp) you need to add the lines:
Code:
rmmod switch_robo
insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko
echo "4t 5t" >/proc/switch/eth0/vlan/35/ports
echo >/proc/switch/eth0/vlan/2/ports
vconfig add eth0 35
ifconfig vlan35 up
startservice wan

to the start script and put the uncompressed kernel module in the jffs directory. This was compiled from r31903.

switch-robo.ko.bz2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  switch-robo.ko.bz2
 Filesize:  9.15 KB
 Downloaded:  378 Time(s)

ryan247
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was running r30880 (i think) with mixed results. This afternoon I installed merlin 7.4 and is working a treat. Ive lost count the amount of times ive bricked the router, but a few PM's to and from Malachi has pointed me in the right direction - to which I cannot thank him enough.

We shall have to see how Merlin pans out!
Ribon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
protectivedad wrote:
I've been using Merlin but I can't get Transmission to run, it keeps seg faulting when it goes to download anything (file, blocklist, etc). It was working and then it stopped. So I switched back to dd-wrt but it doesn't allow high number vlans (I'm on Bell Aliant FibreOp which uses vlan 35 for internet traffic). After some searching and compiling I compiled the switch-robo.ko with the change that allows for more than 16 vlans (I changed it to 64). I'm posting it hear just in case someone else can use it. To get is to work (for Bell Aliant FibreOp) you need to add the lines:
Code:
rmmod switch_robo
insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko
echo "4t 5t" >/proc/switch/eth0/vlan/35/ports
echo >/proc/switch/eth0/vlan/2/ports
vconfig add eth0 35
ifconfig vlan35 up
startservice wan

to the start script and put the uncompressed kernel module in the jffs directory. This was compiled from r31903.

can you compile the switch-robo.ko more than 100 vlans ? I've looked for it since 1 years ago,thanks !
hyelton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this router still worth getting in 2017? My local walmart has the bundle EA6400 + Cable modem + some WiFi extender for $49!

Will sell the extra items so it will mostly be a free router.

Anyway how stable is this on DD-WRT now? Most stable build? I don't care for WiFi. Just Actual routing lol. I want to Replace my EdgeRouter X which I LOVE how it handles QoS I just really miss DD-WRT.

QoS will be a big thing. I was testing DD-WRT again with my old Dlink DIR-825 but despite QoS enabled I still GOT lag while playing Smite while uploading and downloading. But with the EdgeRouter I can stress my connection and I'd never notice any lag in any game.

Thanks Smile
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
@butterworth,

Question about step 0b

Step 0b: (Optional, see Step 1.1 below) Initial Router Prep
1. Reset the EA6400 to factory defaults: With your router connected to power and turned on, press and hold the Reset button on the back of your router for about 10 seconds (until the power indicator flashes). Do not connect the router to the internet after the factory reset.
2. Download the latest Linksys factory firmware: http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148498
3. Work through the Linksys GUI to install the Linksys firmware (note that it doesn't matter what firmware you already have installed; for example, you can install FW 1.1.40 again if the router already has 1.1.40 on it). See here for instructions: http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=140365

I read the latest linksys firmware has some security built in that won't let you flash anything but linksys firmware. Silent_Swift has a link to a guide in his signature that mentions to revert the firmware but the guide on page 67 step 0b does mention to revert back to the lower linksys firmware build through the linksys gui which I did but the link in your guide page 67 downloads Ver. 1.1.40 (build 176337) which is the build that will not permit you to update the firmware. I am unsure how I got around flashing twice but I reverted twice and then went forward with the procedure and everything seems fine.

How can I tell if I have both partitions as dd-wrt and no partitions of the linksys default firmware and is there a link to the linksys stock firmware that does not have the security built into it, I think the build was 169....

I did successfully flash linux and linux 2 but does that mean I no longer have the stock linksys firmware?

Out of curiosity can I start this all over again if I find the correct Linksys stock firmware or is there a need?

Thanks!

Edited:

I found the link in this thread page 87 by cd2022 was kind enough to share the previous stock build without the signature built in.

I still have the question, how can I be absolutely sure I have the dd-wrt on both partitions and still trying to figure out when I reverted back to stock build 160989 I only did it once well twice if you count reverted back twice I was able to complete the procedure. Does reverting back twice place the 160989 build on both partitions?

Thanks!

Edited Partially Solved:

Still not sure after going back and forth many times and different ways from Merlin to DD-WRT then back to stock and all over again. I think once stock is placed back both partitions are created with Linksys stock maybe during boot phase because DD-WRT is no longer on either partition and Merlin creates one partition.

Last edited by emunity on Thu Jun 08, 2017 22:17; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 89 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: