"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have one last question how can I flash back to stock through the dd-wrt Gui or the ssh command line write command linux and linux2?

I was not able to backup my stock cfe but was able to install the modified cfe koolshare if thats all I need to go back to stock? Do I need to go back to "linksys-ea6400-numinit-super-hacky-smaller-version.bin"? Without the stock cfe can I still go back to stock?

I only want to do this to make sure both partitions are DD-WRT.

When I tried to save my cfe as per instructions ip address/backup/cfe.bin that file was not there but I did back up a cfe stock file that was located in etc/cfe_600.bin. Not sure what that file is but I have that one. Does anyone else have a stock cfe that can be modified to my device parameters or create a stock one since we have most parameters already?

Thanks!

EDITED SOLVED 6-4-2017 See Posts below

I figured it all out that you can go back and forth from Stock to DD-WRT to Merlin no issues here. From Merlin you need to mtd-write2 to linux only because there is no second partition linux2 as with Linksys stock.

Last edited by emunity on Thu Jun 08, 2017 22:16; edited 4 times in total
Sponsor
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@dan368,

After reading all 90 pages I think I now have a grasp on what to do to get a copy of the virgin CFE. I checked each pin and from my findings the black wire is your ground verified with volt meter, but the next pin is 3.3volts and the last pin is 3.3volts. I am going to use my Arduino UNO to make connections so do I need to connect pin #2, power which I am calling it based on where the ground pin starts. I am also assuming pin #4 is the TX or is that the RX? Do you know which pins are TX and RX counting up from the ground pin, first pin. SInce it can only be pin #3,4 or 5 I will continue to try each pin in various order until I get the proper responses in putty.

If you know which pins are TX and RX I would appreciate a reply.

Did you actually solder that white 6 pin header onto your board? I am trying to find one on ebay, those pins holes are smaller (not standard) in diameter compared to the JTAG pin hole etc.

Thanks!

SOLVED:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309425&highlight=
qp10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can we use xwrt vortex's ea6900 merlin firmware for ea6400?

since I feel not safe using koolshare firmware with their weird Chinese additions to the firmware

browsing on wikidevi I found tha linksys ea6900 and ea6400 have same cpu (BCM4708A0), same Wifi chip: BCM4360, same ETH chip: BCM4708A0.

some one with jtag can please try it with xvortex cfe
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Silent_Swift,

Thanks for the great gravitynet guide I was able to use that guide to get back and forth from DD-WRT back to stock linksys to Merlin. Using Koolshare CFE instead of Xvortex.

The 5Ghz radio is working but there is some bug with AES security not able to connect to it. I can connect using "Open System" so its not a radio driver issue.

Using the latest Merlin release X7.4, are you seeing any 5Ghz radio connection issues using WPA2-Personal AES?

I went back to stock and confirmed that the 5GHz radio works with WPA2-Personal AES so it has to be some setting or bug in X7.4?

Btw that was me that created a comment on Gravitynet about erase nvram versus nvram erase thought maybe that should be modified? My two comments are waiting for moderation before being accepted.

Thanks again for that great guide!!

EDITED:

Well this makes no sense the EA6400 model 5GHz no issues but the EA6300V1 keeps giving me the message wrong password for 5GHz no issues with 2.4GHz.

Nvram shows one extra piece of information, wl0.2 under 5GHz that the EA6400 does not have and I wonder if this is why I am having the issue?

EA6400

5GHz
wl1_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx
1:macaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx

2.4GHz
wl0_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx
0:macaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx

EA6300v1

5GHz
wl1_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx
1:macaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx
wl0.2_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx

2.4GHz
wl0_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx
0:macaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx

EDITED:

DD-WRT and Linksys Stock are not affected by the extra entry but Merlin is affected not sure if its due that extra entry or not? The EA6400 works just fine but no extra entry exists on the EA6400.

EDITED AGAIN:

I flashed the koolshare CFE modified for the EA6400 onto the EA6300v1 and the 5GHz worked fine. All the Mac addresses are wrong but it did work. I flashed back the EA6300v1 koolshare CFE and the same problem happens again 3 entries for the Wl1 5GHz wifi device.

I may try to just modify the last number in of the wifi mac address to see what happens but keep the correct ethernet mac address so it won't follow the 2+ for the 2.4Ghz and 4+ for the 5Ghz wifi.

Edited Once More:
Changing the 5GHz MAC address last two digits to anything other than its original one works fine. Odd that Merlin modifies the CFE to add multiple wl mac addresses that range from original last two digits up to 10 more and the same for 2.4HGz plus the new entry it will add 10 more mac addresses sequentially from the new last two digits.

I'll have to see if I need to just delete the boot loader (CFE) before writing a new one or just wipe Linux partition and start over.

Final Edit:

There is something with my router EA6300v1 and the latest Merlin/Xvotex/Koolshare fimrware release X7.4 with either Xvortex or Koolshare CFEs the 5GHz won't work with password. See above with what I did to make it work but that is not a good work around at all. I have no issues with DD-WRT, the odd thing is the EA6400 does not have this issue. I wonder if some variable got put into the mtd1 somehow not sure how this could have happened or could it be some bug with my EA6300v1 with either Xvortex or Koolshare CFEs and Merlin/Xvotex/Koolshare firmware? If anyone else will try the Merlin X7.4 please report back if the 5GHZ works for you with password. I am using wpa2-personal with AES encryption which is what the software puts in place by default.
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
emunity wrote:
@Silent_Swift,

Thanks for the great gravitynet guide I was able to use that guide to get back and forth from DD-WRT back to stock linksys to Merlin. Using Koolshare CFE instead of Xvortex.

The 5Ghz radio is working but there is some bug with AES security not able to connect to it. I can connect using "Open System" so its not a radio driver issue.

Using the latest Merlin release X7.4, are you seeing any 5Ghz radio connection issues using WPA2-Personal AES?

I went back to stock and confirmed that the 5GHz radio works with WPA2-Personal AES so it has to be some setting or bug in X7.4?

Btw that was me that created a comment on Gravitynet about erase nvram versus nvram erase thought maybe that should be modified? My two comments are waiting for moderation before being accepted.

Thanks again for that great guide!!

EDITED:

Well this makes no sense the EA6400 model 5GHz no issues but the EA6300V1 keeps giving me the message wrong password for 5GHz no issues with 2.4GHz.

Nvram shows one extra piece of information, wl0.2 under 5GHz that the EA6400 does not have and I wonder if this is why I am having the issue?

EA6400

5GHz
wl1_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx
1:macaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx

2.4GHz
wl0_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx
0:macaddr=48:F8:B3:9F:xx:xx

EA6300v1

5GHz
wl1_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx
1:macaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx
wl0.2_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx

2.4GHz
wl0_hwaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx
0:macaddr=48:F8:B3:AD:xx:xx

EDITED:

DD-WRT and Linksys Stock are not affected by the extra entry but Merlin is affected not sure if its due that extra entry or not? The EA6400 works just fine but no extra entry exists on the EA6400.

EDITED AGAIN:

I flashed the koolshare CFE modified for the EA6400 onto the EA6300v1 and the 5GHz worked fine. All the Mac addresses are wrong but it did work. I flashed back the EA6300v1 koolshare CFE and the same problem happens again 3 entries for the Wl1 5GHz wifi device.

I may try to just modify the last number in of the wifi mac address to see what happens but keep the correct ethernet mac address so it won't follow the 2+ for the 2.4Ghz and 4+ for the 5Ghz wifi.

Edited Once More:
Changing the 5GHz MAC address last two digits to anything other than its original one works fine. Odd that Merlin modifies the CFE to add multiple wl mac addresses that range from original last two digits up to 10 more and the same for 2.4HGz plus the new entry it will add 10 more mac addresses sequentially from the new last two digits.

I'll have to see if I need to just delete the boot loader (CFE) before writing a new one or just wipe Linux partition and start over.

Final Edit:

There is something with my router EA6300v1 and the latest Merlin/Xvotex/Koolshare fimrware release X7.4 with either Xvortex or Koolshare CFEs the 5GHz won't work with password. See above with what I did to make it work but that is not a good work around at all. I have no issues with DD-WRT, the odd thing is the EA6400 does not have this issue. I wonder if some variable got put into the mtd1 somehow not sure how this could have happened or could it be some bug with my EA6300v1 with either Xvortex or Koolshare CFEs and Merlin/Xvotex/Koolshare firmware? If anyone else will try the Merlin X7.4 please report back if the 5GHZ works for you with password. I am using wpa2-personal with AES encryption which is what the software puts in place by default.

Hi there!

I haven't been on DD-Wrt forums for a very long time due to examinations and what not. I am sorry if I wasn't able to answer any queries or help.

I am still rocking on the EA6300v1 (wow. I have had this since 2014! Still haven't noticed any problems with the CPU being over 80c) and the way I got it to connect to the 5GHz network was to use a guest network wifi with the encryption and the main wifi setting with an SSID that is not broadcasting. I used this workaround today as well as I did seem to remember some users had issues with 5GHz on Merlin and others simply worked around the bug with a guest network.

I do believe this is issue with our models and I can't think of anything to solve this other than the work-around mentioned above. When you change the parameters of the main wifi (e.g. Channel) this also effects the guest network so it is pretty much workable Very Happy

The firmware is rock solid to be honest Wink 116 days uptime without a reboot and it is also running a lighttpd server which is currently a php file manager that I use to access and upload resources over the web.

The GravityNet guide is on a free web hosting provider that I have pretty much abandoned as I have finally made a working web server. I will try to accept any moderation's Wink I do believe the guide is a bit iffy in places and that downgrading firmware doesn't seem to work on newer releases...

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
jpearn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a newer version of the Merlin firmware X7.5, there is a note in Chinese on the download page http://firmware.koolshare.cn/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400/X7.5/
But as previous I guessed the filename in the folder (it's there but hidden), and installed / working OK
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
jpearn wrote:
There is a newer version of the Merlin firmware X7.5, there is a note in Chinese on the download page http://firmware.koolshare.cn/merlin_qin_firmware/EA6400/X7.5/
But as previous I guessed the filename in the folder (it's there but hidden), and installed / working OK

Thanks for the update Wink

EA6400_380.66_4-X7.5.trx

File Integrity
Quote:

File: EA6400_380.66_4-X7.5.trx
CRC-32: c1e6c0ab
MD4: 227023e7ac5df52eff93ad870c308a47
MD5: a5dd17e23227e679222707da47c62fd3
SHA-1: 73d98ea3bed7899734f120f7ff60a9b444293273

It seems to be updated to the merlin build of 380.66_4 (26-May-2017)

Changelog for 380.66 series:

Quote:

380.66_4 (26-May-2017)
- CHANGED: Updated dropbear to 2017.75
- FIXED: Security issue CVE-2017-7494 in Samba.

380.66_2 (16-May-2017)
- FIXED: AiCloud fail to start on RT-N66U and RT-AC66U.
- FIXED: The generated key/cert for httpds and AiCloud could
sometimes be invalid due to a timing probblem.

380.66 (12-May-2017)
- NEW: Merged with GPL 380_7378
Notable changes:
* Port forwards can select a specific source IP
* Security fixes for CVE-2017-5891, CVE-2017-5892
and CVE-2017-6547
Note:
* If you are experiencing new wifi stability
issues, try disabling Airtime Fairness on
the Wireless -> Professional page (on all
bands).

- NEW: Option to disable Wanduck's constant DNS probing
for WAN state (Tools -> Other Settings)
- NEW: Allow disabling the use of DH, by entering
"none" in the DH field for OpenVPN server config.
- NEW: Added new Internet redirection mode to OpenVPN clients
called "Policy Rule (Strict)". The difference from the
existing "Policy Rule" mode is that in strict mode,
only rules that specifically target the tunnel's
interface will be used. This ensures that you don't
leak traffic through global or other tunnel routes,
however it also means any static route you might have
defined at the WAN level will not be copied either.
- CHANGED: Ovpn importer now recognizes the "port" and
"reneg-sec" parameters.
- CHANGED: Ovpn importer now support a third argument for
the "remote" parameter, allowing to specify the
protocol.
- CHANGED: Updated Tor to 0.2.9.10
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.8.1
- CHANGED: Updated OpenVPN to 2.4.2
- CHANGED: Updated LZ4 to 1.7.5 (used by OpenVPN)
- CHANGED: SSL certificate generated for httpds will now
contain SANs for hostname, router.asus.com, IP
and DDNS hostname.
- CHANGED: Make minidlna always use the same uuid, based on
the LAN MAC (original patch by john9527)
- CHANGED: Better feedback provided when an ovpn file upload
generates a problem due to a key/cert that's
not provided inline. Inform the user which of
these he will need to manually provide.
- CHANGED: Disable bridge multicast_snooping, as this should be
unnecessary, and it could interfere with EMF, UPNP and
other multicast applications. Can be re-enabled from
the Tools -> Other Settings page.
- REMOVED: The Virtual Server page no longer allows users to
edit existing port forwards (our existing code is
incompatible with Asus's newer webui code and will
need to be re-implemented.)
- FIXED: WOL page fails to load if adding a client with a
quote in its name.
- FIXED: Couldn't add a DHCP reservation client if its name
contained a quote.
- FIXED: New outbound connections weren't logged if firewall
logging was enabled.
- FIXED: OpenVPN server didn't always work properly in udp mode
when in a dual stack IPv4/IPv6 environment (backport
from GPL 382_9736)
- FIXED: When disabling NCP support in OpenVPN, the router
could still be trying to use it if the remote end
had it enabled.
- FIXED: Potential CVE-2016-10229 security issue in kernel
(unsure whether our kernel was vulnerable or not)
- FIXED: ovpn file import would fail to import auth hash or
cipher if they weren't uppercase.
- FIXED: Couldn't edit SMB permissions if the disk had
multiple partitions (Asus bug) (patch by
Jeremy Goss)
- FIXED: Exporting a client.ovpn file with no existing CA
could generate garbled output in the generated
file.

Bugs according to official release of firmware
    Corrupted firewall rules if enabling SSHD brute-force protection and Respond to WAN Ping at the same time while in Dual WAN mode.

If your wireless is unstable, disable airtime fairness; this can be found in: wireless network - Professional settings - Airtime Fairness option

Bugs according to the Koolshare post
    If you are doing a upgrade from the previous version, the router's IP may changed from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.50. If you can still cannot find the gateway,
    you can use http://router.asus.com to access the admin page
    Some channel settings may prevent devices from working as some devices are restricted to certain channels depending on your region

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
paolorenzo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 15:12    Post subject: How to load DD-WRT from Merlin? Reply with quote
I'm now on EA6400_380.65_X7.4.trx, and I can't figure out how to switch to DD-WRT. Sad Using the merlin firmware upgrade gui doesn't work, when using different versions of DD-WRT. I also can't figure out how to put the router into rescue mode. Please help.

Reason I want to revert back to DD-WRT is because I used the xvortex CFE, and it was missing some of the important parameters (UUID, secret code, default ssid, default passkey, etc). I downloaded coolshare's CFE, and that has the complete parameters.

If there's a way to replace the CFE, appreciate the help too.

Used this guide to flash stock EA6400 to Merlin:
http://gravitynet.co.nf/index.php/ea6400/installation-guide

EDIT: Out of desperation, I pulled the plug in the middle of the "firmware upgrade", to "brick" it. Successfully was able to get it into recovery mode, and the CFE miniWeb Server came up.

** SOLVED **
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Silent_Swift"]
jpearn wrote:

Thanks for the update Wink

EA6400_380.66_4-X7.5.trx

I don't see the file was it removed maybe post it please. Thanks!
link626
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I chose channel 52 + lower/lower, and somehow it went up to 1300mbps.

Then a few minutes later, the rate decreases to 866mbps.

There is only one other 5ghz router in the neighborhood. Is it normal for connection rate to fluctuate?

How do I keep it at 1300mbps all the time?

If I pick any other option lower/higher etc etc, the connection rate is super low... from 360mbps to 600mbps.

How do you properly select 5ghz channels?

I'm new to 5ghz routers.

screencapture-192-168-1-1-apply-cgi-1498637866085.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.65 KB
 Viewed:  15351 Time(s)

screencapture-192-168-1-1-apply-cgi-1498637866085.png

link626
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do I revert ea6400 to stock firmware from ddwrt?

I have really awful ethernet speed and wireless speed.
It starts off download at max speed, then drops off drastically.
When I connect directly to the modem, I can sustain max speed.
So the router is the issue.

Need to know if ddwrt is causing it.

This is what my ethernet speed looks like. Stable at 120mbps for a short time, then falls off.

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.15 KB
 Viewed:  15671 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Without know what you did to get dd-wrt on it, it's impossible to for anyone to tell you how to revert.
My advice? Get a different router. Not an ea6400, ea6300v1, ea6500v2, ea6700, ea6900v1 or v2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Without know what you did to get dd-wrt on it, it's impossible to for anyone to tell you how to revert.
My advice? Get a different router. Not an ea6400, ea6300v1, ea6500v2, ea6700, ea6900v1 or v2.

I followed the directions at http://gravitynet.co.nf/index.php/ea6400/installation-guide

using all those tools.

I get "failed, network error" broken downloads in Chrome. So I think this ddwrt fw Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31899 std (04/24/17) sucks.

I'm afraid to brick it when reverting to stock.

I saved my cfe and nvramdump and uuid.

Do I just use these commands to revert to stock?

Code:

cd /tmp/root

mtd -f write linksys-ea6400-stock.img linux2

mtd -f write linksys-ea6400-stock.img linux

reboot
link626
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
god damn
all the ddwrt builds I've tried are shit.

I need to go back to stock fw. How come there's no tutorial on how to go back to stock?
The ddwrt installation instructions say you have to save cfe.bin if you ever want to go back to stock fw.
But how do you use cfe.bin?

Try downloading either of these files over ethernet or wifi, single threaded, no accelerator.
And see if you can max out your internet connection.

My speeds are all over the place like a roller coaster.

http://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/opensuse-full/opensuse/distribution/13.2/iso/openSUSE-13.2-DVD-x86_64.iso

http://ftp.utexas.edu/opensuse/distribution/13.2/iso/openSUSE-13.2-DVD-x86_64.iso
MehdiAnis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 18:32    Post subject: Did u flash from Stock Firmware V 1.1.40.172334 ? Reply with quote
link626 wrote:
god damn
all the ddwrt builds I've tried are shit.

I need to go back to stock fw. How come there's no tutorial on how to go back to stock?
The ddwrt installation instructions say you have to save cfe.bin if you ever want to go back to stock fw.
But how do you use cfe.bin?

Try downloading either of these files over ethernet or wifi, single threaded, no accelerator.
And see if you can max out your internet connection.

My speeds are all over the place like a roller coaster.

http://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/opensuse-full/opensuse/distribution/13.2/iso/openSUSE-13.2-DVD-x86_64.iso

http://ftp.utexas.edu/opensuse/distribution/13.2/iso/openSUSE-13.2-DVD-x86_64.iso

I just got this router in a refurb deal. It came with 1.1.40.172334 Firmware version, which locks to itself. It doesn't allow to downgrade or EVEN upgrade to newer firmware.

have anyone tried to flash DD WRT (or other) on this router with V 1.1.40.172334 ? Please respond with some direction. Need help, thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 90 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: