Help with WDS

jlbrown1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 15:31    Post subject: Help with WDS Reply with quote
Hello everyone.

I have 3 devices, all running dd-wrt. The internet connected device is a Buffalo. Ethernet is attached to cable modem. It only has one wireless interface, ath0. I have it set to WDS AP and then I created a VAP, ath0.1. Each have unique SSID.

The second device is a WRAP with one ethernet and 2 wireless. Ethernet is disabled. Ath0 is set as WDS Station with the same settings as the buffalo. It connects and functions normally. I have been playing with Ath1 in hopes of finding a working combination. I have set it to WDS AP, created a VAP to broadcast the non WDS ssid in that location, made the ath1 the AP and the VAP WDS AP, nothing seems to work. On to device 3 so you can understand fully.

The third device is a WRAP same as device 2. Ath0 is broadcasting the standard SSID (non WDS). Ath1 is set to WDS Station. It connects (albeit very weakly) to device 1 and WDS functions. I cannot get it to connect to the other WRAP (device 2) no matter what I try. It seems to only want to connect to the WDS AP on device 1.

Currently all devices are set with the exact same info regarding wireless settings. On Device two, on ath1, if I change it to a different SSID on the WDS AP (doesn't matter if it is the main interface or VAP) and then in device three change it's WDS info to the new SSID, it attempts to connect I see it connect then drop then connect then drop if I watch the status page. On the status page, it looks as though the WDS station is scanning through the channels sequentially. When it hits Channel 1 (everything is hard coded to 1), it connects I see it in the list, then it drops when it moves to channel 2, 3, etc.

If I switch it back to the SSID of the WDS AP of device 1, it immediately connects even though the signal is -95db and I can ping, browse, etc.

How can I make device 3 a wds station to device 2? I have tried putting the WDS AP on both real interfaces, VAPs, everything I can think of...using the same settings that make device 3 and 1 talk do not work for device 3 and device 2.

Thanks!
Sponsor
jlbrown1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 13:25    Post subject: Got it figured out... Reply with quote
Thanks anyway everyone!

Smile

Jason
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
beside a weak signal i dont get the problem of the setup
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation