TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
denchan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:01    Post subject: I have two questions for dd-wrt. Reply with quote
I have two questions for dd-wrt.
1.when wifi bridge, IS Mac adress change all?
first 50-aa-bb → 52-aa-bb
2.Is the net speed below the original?

ON Originalfiam, it is + 2 at the beginning of all addresses when wifi bridge, so when I contact support to see if it is a breakdown, it seems normal operation

Quote:
from tplink

We apologize for delaying your connection.

Our routers and repeaters adopt relay mode called proxy mode when relaying.
In proxy mode, the device connected to the repeater (or the relay router) adds to the normal MAC address
Since the virtual MAC address is acquired and communication is carried out, there is no problem in that state.

Thank you.

SO DD-WRT ON C9,
I tried asking if something went wrong with the internet connection
Sponsor
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
My archer c9 reboot randomly when i add my old tp link wrd 841nd runing dd-wrt to a wds connection is that normal? i used DD-WRT v3.0-r33345 std (09/11/17) on archer c9. Any help?
DaleSwanson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just updated to DD-WRT v3.0-r33607 std (10/25/17) on my Archer C9 v1 and all seems well.
nulldaemon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
^^ are you able to reach other lan clients? I'm not.
wirelesskebab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,

I was looking forward to patching the WPA2 vulnerability, unfortunately, I too am experiencing problems with enabling OPEN VPN via services tab.

I had to go back to DD-WRT v3.0-r30681 std (09/22/16), after upgrading to 10-25-2017-r33607 on my Archer C9 v1, I experienced double CPU usage when using OpenVPN under the services tab. Additionally, on re-start, OpenVPN wouldn't connect either if it was left enabled prior to re-boot. Over time the CPU usage raised to 75% (I had the router set to 600 mhz from 1 ghz.)

If I toggled it off and on again, it would work, but eventually started disconnecting me entirely, it wouldn't re-establish connection with the VPN.Crying or Very sad

I don't know what build others are using prior or after v3.0-r30681 std (09/22/16) that work with OpenVPN, but surely, none of them would have the patch for the vulnerability. Embarassed Not sure what I can do, I have no logs.

I think it said it was hung up on int_connection or something, I could list the router's OpenVPN settings for encryption etc when I get some more time. I should note, in previous use cases with the 09/22/16 build, my OpenVPN only contributed to about 5% (total of about 5-7% in conditions described) increase in CPU usage when utilizing my entire download speed through multiple devices.

Thank you.

Edited: Meant openvpn not opendns, was tired. Rolling Eyes
tazmdevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="nulldaemon"]^^ are you able to reach other lan clients? I'm not.[/quote]

I am having this problem as well. For both LAN and WLAN clients.
ruleowrist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 17:22    Post subject: DDWRT Stable on Archer C9? Reply with quote
Hey guys,
sorry if i'm in the wrong thread, fairly new to the site. I am wanting to put ddwrt on my archer c9 ac1900 v1, but it is not listed in the router database (that I could find), and I'm having trouble finding out if it is stable on this router yet. I have read through and searched, and it seems like it is still a work in progress. Is this correct, or can anyone point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place?
Thanks!
flakie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 17:35    Post subject: Re: DDWRT Stable on Archer C9? Reply with quote
Latest builds are here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

ISP: Virgin Media 350/35 Mbps

ruleowrist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 17:57    Post subject: Re: DDWRT Stable on Archer C9? Reply with quote
flakie wrote:
Latest builds are here:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I mainly want to use my PIA VPN at the router instead of using the app on individual devices. From reading the forum posts, open vpn seems unstable and has issues. Is there a stable build for openvpn, or would you recommend holding off on installing dd wrt for now?
Thanks!
flakie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 18:47    Post subject: Re: DDWRT Stable on Archer C9? Reply with quote
ruleowrist wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for the link. I mainly want to use my PIA VPN at the router instead of using the app on individual devices. From reading the forum posts, open vpn seems unstable and has issues. Is there a stable build for openvpn, or would you recommend holding off on installing dd wrt for now?
Thanks!

Not aware of any real issues with OpenVPN client (except for PBR and SFE not working together). I am using it (but with IP Vanish) and have no problems with it at all. Works without issue Smile
I have heard good things about PIA too.

Lynnwood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 15:08    Post subject: Suggestions about upgrades Reply with quote
I installed dd-wrt on my Archer C9 awhile back (Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33342 std 09/09/17) and it's been running very nicely (HUGE improvement over TLink's software). I'm curious to get some feedback about applying firmware upgrades. How often do folks recommend upgrading the firmware? In the FAQ, I saw recommendation to not upgrade if things are working and there are no new features you are needing. I've had trouble finding release notes to see what new features have been added. I've also not found any central place to monitor any security updates I should take note about.

One other question I have about upgrading the firmware regards the recommendation to restore defaults before upgrading and not using a config backup to reset settings. Really? I have a lot of assigned ips and port-forwarding settings so it's quite a bit of work to redo all of these manually for each upgrade. Do folks really find resetting defaults important during upgrade?

Thanks for any feedback!
Wind-Storm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 18:23    Post subject: Bricked Archer C8 V2 Reply with quote
Hello!

This is C8 V2, not C9, but I have the same problem:
( https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=988029#988029 )
So erased mtd3, and now running CFE for V1 instead of CFE for V2, so all the blue LED-s ON, but the UART is still working.
Anyone can send me a "recovery pack": mtd3, and cfe or a full dump?

Thank You!
mrdigitized
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
is wol working in beta last version for anyone? let me know please

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:32    Post subject: Re: DDWRT Stable on Archer C9? Reply with quote
[quote="flakie"Not aware of any real issues with OpenVPN client (except for PBR and SFE not working together). I am using it (but with IP Vanish) and have no problems with it at all. Works without issue Smile
I have heard good things about PIA too.[/quote]

I had to go back to DD-WRT v3.0-r30681 std (09/22/16), after upgrading to 10-25-2017-r33607 on my Archer C9 v1, I experienced double CPU usage when using OpenVPN under the services tab. Additionally, on re-start, OpenVPN wouldn't establish a connection either if it was left enabled prior to re-boot. Over time the CPU usage raised to 75% while OpenVPN client was enabled (I had the router set to 600 mhz from 1 ghz.)

Are you saying this problem is resolved with the newest build? Are you using C9 V1?? I don't know how else you could come to this conclusion, a few others posted about the same problem, so far I haven't heard any solutions.

Thanks
flakie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35    Post subject: Re: DDWRT Stable on Archer C9? Reply with quote
wirelesskebab wrote:
Are you saying this problem is resolved with the newest build? Are you using C9 V1?? I don't know how else you could come to this conclusion, a few others posted about the same problem, so far I haven't heard any solutions.

Thanks

You are correct. This was not on a C9. Got confused what post I was in. Sorry for confusion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 56 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: