TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
devsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do we have anybody using the latest build with fixes for WPA2 hacks? Which version are you using and any issues?

I want to upgrade to get that critical fix but I am not sure if I will lose settings or functionality. I am at 042417 build.

Another reason for asking is there is a good deal on this router going on Amazon and I want to buy another one to extend the range around the house.
Sponsor
devsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
devsk wrote:
Do we have anybody using the latest build with fixes for WPA2 hacks? Which version are you using and any issues?

I want to upgrade to get that critical fix but I am not sure if I will lose settings or functionality. I am at 042417 build.

Another reason for asking is there is a good deal on this router going on Amazon and I want to buy another one to extend the range around the house.
darn it! Turns out that the latest C9 is hardware v3 and DD-WRT has no image for it.

Has no one really gotten the C9 v3.0?
gibson3659
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 16:03    Post subject: C9v1 WDS w/ WPA2 AES?? Reply with quote
Is anyone successfully running WDS with encryption? I haven't had any success, so which release are you using?
wajirah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
devsk wrote:
devsk wrote:

darn it! Turns out that the latest C9 is hardware v3 and DD-WRT has no image for it.

Has no one really gotten the C9 v3.0?

https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2017%2F11-16-2017-r33772%2Ftplink_archer-c9v3%2F

Linux 4.4.105 #2353 SMP Thu Dec 14 13:20:49 CET 2017 armv7l
nmarmolejo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47    Post subject: WDS with encryption Reply with quote
I have it running fine on my C9 with WPA-2 doing WDS with my C8 as the main router.

C8 not running dd-wrt, using stock tp-link firmware.
C9 using dd-wrt as the bridged router.
C9 using the 5g band just fine with WPA-2.

Build 33180 of dd-wrt on C9.
simpleCJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 20:17    Post subject: Archer C9 V3 Reply with quote
@wajirah - that links to beta firmware. Anyone know if it's working? Bug reports?

Just bought the Archer C9 because I read in several places including the reviews on Amazon that it was DD-WRT compatible, but then I got it and it's V3 hardware which appears to not yet be fully supported. I figured I'd wait till it is, but damn the stock TP Link firmware sucks so bad. Only basic tools and settings. Is there a way I can set up an alert for when a stable V3 firmware is available? Question Crying or Very sad Sad
DmitryAE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 16:45    Post subject: Is it good for me? Reply with quote
Hello guys!

Want to buy C9 model for installing dd-wrt on it. I want to have transmission + dlna + usb for wireless (wi-fi) watching 4k movies on my tv (samsung ks8000)

So I have a couple.

1) What's the max speed you have in transmission? (I have 100/100 mbps channel. My current wdr3600 openwrt reaches about 5 MB/s max and 2.2 MB/s average, utorrent on my mac is more successful, about 11 MB/s)
2) Is it enough good for wi-fi watching 4k? No lags? (wdr3600 can play 4k video with low bitrate. If a movie has 50Mbps bitrate there are a lot of lags. But if use cable it looks good, really rare lags)

Thank you for advice gyus!
cupcup
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I was gonna buy archer c9 but a member warned me:

Quote:
read this thread https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282831&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
as far as i remember back in the days Archer C9 was one of the most unfortunate and hated routers among the Developers, as its hardware and drivers ware full of troubles and misery...

So I've read last 2 pages in this thread and didn't see any problems. Do you guys suggest this router or not? I don't have another option in my local store btw.
Kugar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04    Post subject: Help Needed - Un-bricking Archer C9 v.1 - back to DD-WRT Reply with quote
I have bricked an Archer C9 v.1, all of its lights are slowly flashing on/off every some seconds.

I had the appropriate DD-WRT release dated 11/16/17 on it and it was working OK when I foolishly tried to get the LAN LED on it working, I got it bricked.

Now, I am able to access the router with Tftpd and can upload a file into it as long as I rename it appropriately as *_recovery.bin. I uploaded the Dd-Wrt release file for 11/16/17 (the original working release that I had on it) and then 12/4/17 release, because I want to go back to Dd-Wrt (not stock).

The files were properly uploaded according to the log. But neither file changed anything. Also I downloaded the oldest available firmware for this router from TP-Link and uploaded that but that did not change anything either.

What do I need to upload to un-brick it ?

Thanks

Matt
Slasher9130
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 23:11    Post subject: Traffic by month stopped recording Reply with quote
I'm running a TP-Link Archer C9 V1 DD-WRT build 30880 for the past 10 months with no issues until late last month. DD-WRT stopped recording the traffic by month. I have from January when I got this thing going until late last month and it suddenly stopped.

Anyone see anything like this before?
T.Lancer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running dd-wrt build r34080 on an archer c9 v1. It seems however that USB 3.0 is running at 2.0 speeds. I have an external 3TB harddisk attached but only reach speeds of about 23MB/s. How can I enable USB 3.0 speeds?
isrkar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello everyone
i'm in stuck, could anyone make mtd4 and mtd5 dump for Archer C9 v2?
Mine works with v1 dump now, but it is not stable wireless Sad
wirelesskebab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there,

I think all the trouble I've been having with my v1's CPU maxing out with OpenVPN enabled on newer builds is a corrupt ebtables thing.

Did some searching around, symptoms match other complaints for other types of routers. Same time frame too. Thought people should know. Happens with or w/o tunneling on. OpenVPN will not engage on reboot any more after upgrade either, will fail to connect after reboot. (Requires toggling on/off again, CPU usage will sky rocket when enabled.)

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5807
Temporary fix (over my head):
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1103763#1103763

Can someone please add TP-Link Archer C9 to the ticket? I keep trying to register an account on the ticket board but it times out and it wont show the captcha either. Sad

Router was smooth sailing since I made the purchase and moved to DD-WRT, up until the troubles started with OpenVPN. (For my use cases anyway.)

I hope it can be fixed soon, it's been a problem for a long time now. I'm stuck on DD-WRT v3.0-r30681 std (09/22/16)(Mileage may very, but I definitely have no OpenVPN issue with the older build, however, the wifi vulnerability remains unpatched because it's so old. I would contribute somehow if I could, but I'm no coder, I'm living off $ 197 a month in poor health. Embarassed

Thanks for your time. Surprised
JohnS@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
wirelesskebab wrote:
[...] CPU maxing out with OpenVPN enabled [...] Can someone please add TP-Link Archer C9 to the ticket?

Thanks, a reference to your post has been added to ticket 5807 (technically your Archer C9 is based on the bcm47xx platform, so current keywords should be fine).

I also hope that the issue will be picked up by the developers, have had similar trouble with my devices (Asus RT-AC56U).
nextlvl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
JohnS@ wrote:
wirelesskebab wrote:
[...] CPU maxing out with OpenVPN enabled [...] Can someone please add TP-Link Archer C9 to the ticket?

Thanks, a reference to your post has been added to ticket 5807 (technically your Archer C9 is based on the bcm47xx platform, so current keywords should be fine).

I also hope that the issue will be picked up by the developers, have had similar trouble with my devices (Asus RT-AC56U).

Thanks for the ticket info.
I have the same issue, my version is v3.0-r34080(12/14/17).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 57 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: