TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a version 1 here and it's running build 35244 just fine. I'm using a custom dnsmasq config (DHCP and RA only, DNS disabled) and a separate Pi Hole on the local LAN for DNS.

To allow the router to resolve domain names I put the following startup command:

Code:
echo nameserver 192.168.0.10 > /etc/resolv.conf

This works just fine. Domains resolve and DDNS works too then.

The problem I have with this build is that after a while (not sure how long) domain name resolving stops working. Which in turn also makes DDNS updates fail because it can't contact the service anymore. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Info about stability of newer builds on the C9 is scarce so I am reluctant to update. Has anyone had success upgrading to one of the latest builds?
Sponsor
mjevange
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:43    Post subject: New v5! Reply with quote
Well, I'm unlucky and got shipped a v5.

Has there been any development? I've not been able to find anything in my search.

What can I post to help?
thigger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 20:29    Post subject: C9 v1 and recent firmware Reply with quote
Having an issue with recent firmwares on a C9 v1.

I have 3 C9s - one router and two APs. The router and one AP are v2, the other is a v1. Incidentally, possibly relevant, the v1 runs a guest network on the 2.4GHz as well as my private network.
Recently I upgraded all three to r35681 after seeing reports in here that it was good
However the v1 kept turning off its 2.4GHz wifi (5GHz worked fine).
I tried upgrading to r36079 with the same results.
I ended up downgrading back to r33607 which is back to being fine.

The two v2s seem to be behaving

If anyone knows more about this bug I'd be grateful; or if anyone wants me to test anything.
hswong3i
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:35    Post subject: Re: New v5! Reply with quote
I also got an Archer C9 v5 (EU) on hand, too...

Could someone guide me how to contribute the development so make it works with DD-WRT?

The hardware looks like similar as v4:

But the size of official image go much bigger:

I also check that adding v3/v4 support shouldn't be a big issue from DD-WRT point of view:

Can upgrade from stock v1.0.0 firmware, to above Archer C9(EU)_V5_180423.zip, which show with v1.2.2.

Also tried to flash with DD-WRT v3/v4 firmware, but Archer C9 v5 web UI reject to do so (well, as expected...)

mjevange wrote:
Well, I'm unlucky and got shipped a v5.

Has there been any development? I've not been able to find anything in my search.

What can I post to help?
theandrewgordon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 13:31    Post subject: Converting c1900 Reply with quote
If I do this, will my c1900 v1 "become" a c9v2? as in I could then use the tp-link official c9 firmware if need be?

BrainSlayer wrote:
about the c1900. the c1900 is identical to c9 v2. BUT!!! it has small modifications in the radio data or in fact it will broadcast with less power. this date is stored as factory nvram within the bootloader. so to get more power. change the booloader using one from a c9v2. i will provide original images within my svn soon. but change your mac within the image

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser/src/router/tools/archerc9
That1NetGuy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 13:37    Post subject: Re: Converting c1900 Reply with quote
I'm curious about this as well.
I have a C1900 v1 (US) running the 5/23 r36006 std, and everything works fine except the WiFi broadcast seems lower power than the original firmware.

How would one go about making this change?

theandrewgordon wrote:
If I do this, will my c1900 v1 "become" a c9v2? as in I could then use the tp-link official c9 firmware if need be?

BrainSlayer wrote:
about the c1900. the c1900 is identical to c9 v2. BUT!!! it has small modifications in the radio data or in fact it will broadcast with less power. this date is stored as factory nvram within the bootloader. so to get more power. change the booloader using one from a c9v2. i will provide original images within my svn soon. but change your mac within the image

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser/src/router/tools/archerc9
jmei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 14:52    Post subject: flashing c9 v.1 Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I want to flash my archer c9 v1 router with ddwrt. Is this the correct procedure?

1. Install latest firmware from TP-Link

2. Download factory-to-ddwrt.bin from the tplink_archer-c9v1 directory (Downloads › betas › 2018 › 06-29-2018-r36247 › tplink_archer-c9v1 - factory-to-ddwrt.bin)

3. Upload the dd-wrt firmware using the standard TP-Link UI and wait until router reboots

4. 30/30/30 hard reset

5. Install archer-c9v1-webflash.bin
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 15:48    Post subject: Re: flashing c9 v.1 Reply with quote
jmei wrote:
Hi guys,

I want to flash my archer c9 v1 router with ddwrt. Is this the correct procedure?

2. Download factory-to-ddwrt.bin from the tplink_archer-c9v1 directory (Downloads › betas › 2018 › 06-29-2018-r36247 › tplink_archer-c9v1 - factory-to-ddwrt.bin)

3. Upload the dd-wrt firmware using the standard TP-Link UI and wait until router reboots

4. 30/30/30 hard reset

Skip the 30/30/30. Just 30 seconds or reset through the GUI.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 18:37    Post subject: Re: flashing c9 v.1 Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
jmei wrote:
Hi guys,

4. 30/30/30 hard reset

Skip the 30/30/30. Just 30 seconds or reset through the GUI.

I'm getting "Error code: -5533" when i try to flash with factory-to-ddwrt.bin
Any ideas?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are sure it’s an archer c9 v1? Downgrade your factory firmware then try again. Maybe they are blocking third party firmware.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
You are sure it’s an archer c9 v1? Downgrade your factory firmware then try again. Maybe they are blocking third party firmware.

It is, however maybe i have installed an US firmware version instead of UN. Could this be a problem? Now i cannot install a UN.
jmei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
jmei wrote:
Malachi wrote:

It is, however maybe i have installed an US firmware version instead of UN. Could this be a problem? Now i cannot install a UN.

I believe i've found a solution to go back to UN firmware. Will try it later today and write down how it went.
magedx9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58    Post subject: c1900 v1 canada procedure help Reply with quote
ok ive try to install dd-wrt r36247 on the c1900 v1 tryed factory to dd-wrt but i get error -5533 i dont wanna brick anything so if i could get the correct updating instructions that would be great thanks. i guess the c9 instructions on the wiki dont work. and whats this comment i read from brainslayer that the c1900 is a c9v2.
dhirenraval
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 22:58    Post subject: Tplink Archer C9 V5 Reply with quote
Recently ordered Archer C9 during prime day deal hoping I'll receive the router which is DDWRT compatible. To my surprise, they shipped the latest C9 V5!! I could not find any DDWRT build for this version. Can someone point me into the right direction if there is a way to install DDWRT on this router? Stock build is good but not as good as my beloved DDWRT!
cmshap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like a few others have posted, I cannot get any version of DD-WRT to flash on my Archer C9 v4 (US). I get the "Unable to upgrade" error message.

I chose to buy the C9 over the C7 because it was an Amazon Prime Day sale, but it seems I made the wrong choice. I did a quick search for DD-WRT compatibility with the C9, but I apparently did not read enough before ordering.

I know this is a very vague question, but does anybody have any idea if this problem has the potential to be fixed? I am wondering if I should just return the C9 for a C7 instead.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 60 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: