TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
cmshap wrote:
Like a few others have posted, I cannot get any version of DD-WRT to flash on my Archer C9 v4 (US). I get the "Unable to upgrade" error message.

I chose to buy the C9 over the C7 because it was an Amazon Prime Day sale, but it seems I made the wrong choice. I did a quick search for DD-WRT compatibility with the C9, but I apparently did not read enough before ordering.

I know this is a very vague question, but does anybody have any idea if this problem has the potential to be fixed? I am wondering if I should just return the C9 for a C7 instead.

To be safe, you should return it and get a Netgear r7000. Even if it’s used. Much easier to flash.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
To be safe, you should return it and get a Netgear r7000. Even if it’s used. Much easier to flash.

While I do appreciate the recommendation, I'd rather not go too far off-topic discussing alternatives.

I'm just wondering if anybody has and idea about what is causing the "unable to upgrade" error on the v4(US). This problem is mentioned in passing in a few different threads, but barely discussed at all on the forum (I've searched pretty extensively).
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Appreciate the fact that once you brick it or want to revert to stock firmware, you will be back in here asking for help and will regret not taking my advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Appreciate the fact that once you brick it or want to revert to stock firmware, you will be back in here asking for help and will regret not taking my advice.

I have more experience than I appear to, and I have never bricked a router due to carelessness. I also already own a USB-Serial/TTL module and reviewed the procedure for un-bricking an Archer C9 via serial before I even tried to flash anything.

I was simply asking what the likelihood is that a V4(US) flashing method will become possible in the near (or not so near) future. I do realize, however, that this may be an impossible question to answer.

Regardless, as I stated, I do appreciate your recommendation of an alternative router. I may end up switching. I don't know yet. I'm investigating my options and not ready to give up on the C9 quite yet.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand but in the first post of yours that I responded to, you ask if should return the c9 and get a c7, so stupidly I thought you meant it when you said you’d be open to return it.
So I advised you to get a router much, much, much superior to with of those.
One that you can flash back and forth between stock, did-wrt, tomato, etc.
by all means, keep whichever you want and hope hat someday your v4 gets full support by BrainSlayer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I understand but in the first post of yours that I responded to, you ask if should return the c9 and get a c7, so stupidly I thought you meant it when you said you’d be open to return it.
So I advised you to get a router much, much, much superior to with of those.

Point taken. I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have, but I've seen a lot of praise for the Archer C7 among DD-WRT users. That's where I started my router shopping. It was very reasonably priced ($70 US) and recommended for DD-WRT. The only reason I went for the C9 was because it was on sale for the exact same price as the C7.

If I can find a refurbished Netgear for around the same price I may go for it instead. I did not consider buying a used router, however, simply because I just never have before.
Jimingle10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 17:27    Post subject: Should I upgrade? Reply with quote
I'm on an old firmware version, not really giving me any issues it has been solid for a long time. Is there any strong reason I should upgrade the firmware?

Router Model: TPLINK Archer C9 v1.0
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel VersionLinux 4.4.47 #1184 SMP Tue Feb 7 05:31:44 CET 2017 armv7l

Thanks
MiDe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 17:32    Post subject: Archer C9 v1 - Radio off with 07-16-2018-r36330 Reply with quote
couldn't make Wifi working with this built.

Installed 04-06-2018-r35681 > Wifi works
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
cmshap wrote:
Malachi wrote:

I have more experience than I appear to, and I have never bricked a router due to carelessness. I also already own a USB-Serial/TTL module and reviewed the procedure for un-bricking an Archer C9 via serial before I even tried to flash anything.

I was simply asking what the likelihood is that a V4(US) flashing method will become possible in the near (or not so near) future. I do realize, however, that this may be an impossible question to answer.

Regardless, as I stated, I do appreciate your recommendation of an alternative router. I may end up switching. I don't know yet. I'm investigating my options and not ready to give up on the C9 quite yet.

You need connect to usb serial port and go to cfe. from there you can direct flash -noheader .... to nflash1.trx.
or if you dont know how then you can pm to me. i have few ea6400 or r6300v2 convert to r7000. if you want to trade
your 1 for 2 router then ok. hope to help.
T-bone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi guys,

Im using r36410 std (07/28/1Cool on my Archer C9 (v1) and I also tried couple other versions close to this latest release but the USB NAS service does not start automatically after a reboot.

To make it work (be visible from connected computers) I need to Stop and Start SAMBA server. The USB disk then shows in the network and I can map it in Windows.

Can you please suggest a relatively new version where USB storage works properly?

BR,
George
ibnaia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:10    Post subject: Archer C9 V2 Reply with quote
Hi,

I tried to install dd-wrt to my Archer C9 V2, but when I do flash the factory-to-ddwrt the router reboot and the stayed with light long flashing.

Then I recovery to factory using a FTP server.

I tried the last version of DD-WRT, also I tried the version indicated on WIKI.

My router was on newer firmware of TP-LINK, I did the downgrade to version indicated on the WIKI and same things happens.

Anyone can help? Any tip?

Thanks
kiko80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this same on V1
ibnaia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got it.

I used the factory-to-ddwrt.bin in recovery through FTP.
dirkniemeierde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 20:23    Post subject: Last running version for TP-Link C9 v.1? Reply with quote
Hi,
I tried serverl times to install the latest DD-WRT on my C9 V.1. It ends everytime in an permanent boot of the router. The 3 right lights are flashing in an 5 second cycle.
I tried the two last TP firmwares as starting point, but everytime the same.
Is there a known last version of DD-WRT for the C9 V.1?

TIA
Dirk
bentable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
dirkniemeierde .. right now i am having the same problem. the last two firmware won't update .. it just hang there .. then i can't get in via web

last firmware was able to update was 07/28

Last edited by bentable on Wed Aug 15, 2018 17:12; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 61 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: