TP-Link Archer C9 Brick Fix (Revert To Stock Possibly)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
michaelagaudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 16:11    Post subject: Re: I dont even know how y'all are getting this to work Reply with quote
celloshred wrote:
I have the C9 connected directly to my PC. Changed the IP address, I have TFTP running but nothing happens.

the Router still does the same "all lights on for a few seconds, then all off for about 10 seconds" and repeat thing.

In the TFTP window, nothing happens in the log. Seems as if the router isnt even talking to the TFTP server.

Ideas?

make sure that your eth connection on your computer has been statically assigned. for me it needed to be 192.168.0.66 255.255.255.0

make sure that your tftp soft is set to bind on same addrress.

make sure that file is named archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin
Sponsor
michaelagaudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Background:
I have a c9 V1 that I flashed to :r29519 std 04/25/16

A. I have read some threads about going back to stock. From what I read I could simply flash the original Tp-Link firmware through TFTP (renamed archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin). (because r29519 was new enough to not touch the partitions some earlier ones fouled). When I perform the tftp flash It stops at around 90% and the router reboots to dd-wrt. I have tried both files on the tp-link website. both stop at 90%, reboot DDWRT. (using tftpd64) (not getting a bootloop)

B. If I am stuck with DD-wrt now what is the most stable build these days after all this testing talking? one that I can just upgrade to thru dd-wrt gui.

I am in a bind and your help is GREATLY GREATLY APPRECIATED.
bylmy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
just got my archer C1900 V1 with Firmware Version:3.18.0 Build 20160201 Rel.42677n

Brainslayer had said the C1900 is like a C9 v2, but I figured most if not all of us who bought this C1900 from Costco have not been able to flash ddwrt onto their routers.

I tried the "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" to initially flash ddwrt onto this router
But instead you'll get
"Error code: -5533
Error occurred, please try again."

The stock firmware and the only firmware available on the TP-Link website is the "3.17.0 Build 20151009 Rel.61423n" for Hardware Version: ArcherC1900 v1

If anyone who has successfully flashed their C1900, any advice would be welcome, or if anyone wants to pretty much confirm that it's not possible because it's locked, then that'll be helpful as well.
simontomi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
michaelagaudio wrote:
Background:

A. I have read some threads about going back to stock. From what I read I could simply flash the original Tp-Link firmware through TFTP (renamed archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin). (because r29519 was new enough to not touch the partitions some earlier ones fouled). When I perform the tftp flash It stops at around 90% and the router reboots to dd-wrt. I have tried both files on the tp-link website. both stop at 90%, reboot DDWRT. (using tftpd64) (not getting a bootloop)

B. If I am stuck with DD-wrt now what is the most stable build these days after all this testing talking? one that I can just upgrade to thru dd-wrt gui.

I'm in the same situation, flashed original tp-link fw via TFTP, but the router rebooted back to dd-wrt.
slyb2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
so is there any safe way (GUI, command or tftp) to revert back to stock?
plavko61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
My archer c9 v1 is back to stock.But my mac is on last digit +1 incremented and my wifi works only 2.4ghz. Wifi leds are off.

Is flashing radio.bin gonna fix my wifi? Must i take a current release dd-wrt-from-factory and change mac? Must I input mac -1? Than tftp factory to get fully functional factory?
plavko61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried update from tp-link gui to dd-wrt.
Now the router only resets with all lights on.
I can do a TFTP recovery(tryed all stock versions) but still resets with all lights on.

Can it try dd-wrt but dont know webflash or factory_to_wrt?

What would happen if i try friezombie striped?
groundloop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi guys, how exactly do i go out of boot loop? ctrl+c, tpl dont work , c9 v1
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last tp-link I had I had to type tpl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
groundloop wrote:
hi guys, how exactly do i go out of boot loop? ctrl+c, tpl dont work , c9 v1

Hi, I've the same situation as you. Keep on bootloop and can't even type "tpl" or "Ctrl-C" in putty
Cannot enter anything or any prompt to enter any command.

I did tried every files and method and read the whole thread. All just don't work with my C9 v2!

I feel so frustrated with my C9!
Can anyone help me? What happen? What should I do?

Attached: Putty log

TP-Link C9 BootLog.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TP-Link C9 BootLog.txt
 Filesize:  182.19 KB
 Downloaded:  911 Time(s)

Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Last tp-link I had I had to type tpl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
simontomi wrote:
michaelagaudio wrote:
Background:

I'm in the same situation, flashed original tp-link fw via TFTP, but the router rebooted back to dd-wrt.

I second that. I tried 2 diff. stock firmware, but after reboot it still reverts back to dd-wrt. anyone got solution to get past this?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm now trying to unbrick an archer c9 v1. I am trying to follow this guide here https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=32791&sid=e1beb182722308b716e4bb3ce8a740a0
When trying to set up tftpd32 as a tftp server, I keep getting a "bind error 10013. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.92.168.1.66"

I am using windows 10 and I've set a static ip on my nic of 192.168.1.66

Edit: I booted into windows xp and it works. Must be a windows 10 issue.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Help! C9 V2 when the light is on, all the lamps are not flashing. The boot mode does not enter.
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:01    Post subject: putty Reply with quote
I notice some issue accessing CFE> prompt..

My experience when router is powered on with UART connected I get an orange light on router and router does not boot correctly.

To fix I simply hold reset button on router while everything is connected until it cycles and then hold Ctrl+C.

This is essayist way I have found and have been successful reverting 3 separate Archer C9 on several occasions.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: