Linksys EA6350 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32    Post subject: Re: connection Reply with quote
Quote:

Hi,

Yes the progress bar did go all the way through and said successfull. I did try to connect to all port and the wan port to try and connect to the router via 192.168.1.1 but wouldn't the laptop itself need a valid ip to connect? anyway I did end up restore my router back to default and i'm going to try and flash again tonight. Ill also have to check which hw version i'm running.

Your laptop has to be in the same IP range with the router.i.e 192.168.1.x
Sponsor
antmar904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:11    Post subject: Re: connection Reply with quote
cd2022 wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

Yes the progress bar did go all the way through and said successfull. I did try to connect to all port and the wan port to try and connect to the router via 192.168.1.1 but wouldn't the laptop itself need a valid ip to connect? anyway I did end up restore my router back to default and i'm going to try and flash again tonight. Ill also have to check which hw version i'm running.

Hi cd2022

Do I have to statically assign my laptop an ip address in order to connect to the routers admin page or let dhcp to it?
cd2022
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 22:35    Post subject: Re: connection Reply with quote
antmar904 wrote:
cd2022 wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

Hi cd2022

Do I have to statically assign my laptop an ip address in order to connect to the routers admin page or let dhcp to it?

It's a good practice at initial set up. Yes.
theboz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32    Post subject: Re: connection Reply with quote
cd2022 wrote:
antmar904 wrote:
cd2022 wrote:
Quote:

Hi,

Hi cd2022

It's a good practice at initial set up. Yes.

I was thinking the same thing, I remember when I had to go back to stock firmware on another router I had to change the ip range as mentioned above and the subnet to 255.255.255.0

I don't think I had to do that in my case but it's definitely worth a try.

Also, just for kicks you could try connecting to the router with a different computer just to rule other issues out.
ccna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:07    Post subject: EA6350v1 Password Not Working on Telnet or HTTP Reply with quote
Hi Guys, I just installed the Firmware below (and have tried others versions) but it seems every time the username and password specified (root/admin) do not work. I have checked for the basics already (caps, correct password, etc). I have also tried root/password admin/admin admin/password. But no luck. Any recommendations as why this would be happening?

FW Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r33413 std (09/27/17)
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 15:56    Post subject: Re: EA6350v1 Password Not Working on Telnet or HTTP Reply with quote
ccna wrote:
Hi Guys, I just installed the Firmware below (and have tried others versions) but it seems every time the username and password specified (root/admin) do not work. I have checked for the basics already (caps, correct password, etc). I have also tried root/password admin/admin admin/password. But no luck. Any recommendations as why this would be happening?

FW Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r33413 std (09/27/17)

try 30/30/30 reset
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
To anyone with the ea6350v2, it seems like if you update to the latest official firmware and then flash latest ddwrt it works.

It does not reboot to the second partition with the stock firmware.

If you do want to go back to the stock firmware, do a 30/30/30 reset.

IMPORTANT
if you do decide to flash ddwrt, do know that the reset button only resets the stock partition's data not ddwrt's, hence the reset does not work for DDWRT.

I learned the lesson the hard way as I am locked out of the web interface with no other way to access the router.

HOWEVER
if you're not like me and don't lose the password to the web interface, it seems like ddwrt is working great
Blaster M
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
guillaumedsde wrote:
To anyone with the ea6350v2, it seems like if you update to the latest official firmware and then flash latest ddwrt it works.

It does not reboot to the second partition with the stock firmware.

If you do want to go back to the stock firmware, do a 30/30/30 reset.

IMPORTANT
if you do decide to flash ddwrt, do know that the reset button only resets the stock partition's data not ddwrt's, hence the reset does not work for DDWRT.

I learned the lesson the hard way as I am locked out of the web interface with no other way to access the router.

HOWEVER
if you're not like me and don't lose the password to the web interface, it seems like ddwrt is working great

What's the procedure for the v2?
guillaumedsde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blaster M wrote:

Just flash the webflash ddwrt file through the linksys interface, at least this worked for me
kilranian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 22:55    Post subject: Curious Reply with quote
guillaumedsde wrote:
Blaster M wrote:

Just flash the webflash ddwrt file through the linksys interface, at least this worked for me

I finally cracked and registered an account! Long time, first time, and all that.

I have been trying and failing to flash dd-wrt to an EA6350 v2. The only file I can find is of the *.bin file extension, but the web interface only appears to accept *.img files. From my reading, it appears the *.bin file only works once dd-wrt is already installed to upgrade to newer versions.

Is there a factory-to-ddwrt*.img file floating around for the EA6350 (specifically v2)?

I have upgraded the EA6350v2 to the newest firmware version, but it just errors out and says it is an incorrect firmware file.
JORGE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks theBoz been looking to put this on for a while
now. let you know how it go
choyado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 0:33    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT Install Guide for Linksys EA6350 v1 Reply with quote
compgeek127 wrote:
LOM wrote:
mrjoneskod wrote:
It was working for 7 days with no issues, I seted it up to reboot automatically every day at 3am. But the day it bricked, I rebooted it trough the web interface, and them all that arived.

Others have it working with the same firmware and they where able to revert it to the stock firmaware or other variant of dd-wrt.

You should never run a firmware which doesn't have support added for the router. never!

Just pump on with ctrl-C, start already while it does the memtest (SHMOO) and continue until you see "Boot version: v2.1.1"
If you don't get the CFE prompt at that time then you have connected your cable wrong.

leftmost pin = 3.3V and should not be connected, rightmost pin is ground.
middle pins are tx and rx and you have got them right if you get output from the router.

No handshake/flow control in terminal program setting.

LOM wrote:
The original EA6350 CFE is shit, same problem as other EA6xxx series. It says it is 64KB but craps out as soon
as size grows over 32KB.
It does also limit the 2 firmware partitions to 29.7MB each which is only a 1MB more than current ddwrt build for the router. No space to grow in.

Attached is my modification of xvortex CFE, it runs nice on my own EA6350 since a few days back.

After many hours of reading these forums, I tried many of the multiple methods for installing dd-wrt on this router. The numinit hack method worked for a while but automatically went back to Linksys firmware after a power failure. After much trial and error, I finally managed to get DD-WRT firmware working on this router. To save the rest of you from this frustration; I am going to explain just how I did it but please read to the bottom before attempting any of the steps.

There is no easy way to upgrade the firmware on this router. If you turn your router into a brick I will not be held responsible. Do this at your own risk. This will void your warranty if you are not already aware. Never do a 30/30/30 reset on this router. After following this guide, I don't think it's possible to go back to Linksys OEM firmware but why would you ever want to. right?

Tools Required:
A computer or laptop running Windows (I used Windows 10 Pro x64) and preferably with an available USB and Ethernet port.
A USB to Serial breakout board or an available serial port on the computer required above. I used a DFRobot FTDI USB to Serial basic breakout board.
Serial Cable with open pins if using the serial port method
Ethernet cable
Phillips-head screwdriver

Files/Programs Required:
Putty SSH/Telnet/Serial client
LOM's modified xvortex CFE
Linksys TFTP Update Utility
DD-WRT beta firmware for EA6350

Step 1: (dis-assembling the router)
Unplug the router and remove all the connections from the router.
Remove the rubber shoes by pulling them out.
Remove the four screws on the bottom of the unit.
Carefully unsnap the top cover from the unit using a credit card or something NOT METAL OR SHARP.

Step 2: (connecting to the serial port)
The four serial pins are to the left of the processor near the center of the board. Connect the serial pins on the router to your breakout board or serial cable. See LOM's quote above about it. (3.3V+|TX|RX|GND) remember TX->RX and RX->TX otherwise no communication.
If using the USB to Serial, plug it into the computer's usb port after attaching the serial pins.

Step 3: (setting up putty)
Open up putty.exe.
Under Category->Connection select Serial.
Set the correct COM line. (Mine was COM3)
>Speed(baud): 115200
>Data bits: 8
>Stop bits: 1
>Parity: None
>Flow Control: None
Under Category select Session and set Connection Type to Serial.
Finally click Open. (putty should show a black terminal window now; keep this open!)
If it fails to open a window then you're probably using the wrong COM line or the drivers for your USB to Serial device have not finished installing yet.

Step 4: (set a static IP on the computer)
Attach the ethernet cable from the router to the computer. (Do not use the WAN port)
Open the Network and Connection Settings and set your NIC IPv4 to static.
address: 192.168.1.5
netmask: 255.255.255.0

Step 5: (Saving NVRAM to a text file)
Plug in the router and observe putty on the computer.
If it is showing weird characters, the the serial pins may not be correctly connected.
It should be displaying the boot process of the router.
Tap CTRL+C to stop the boot process and enter the CFE prompt. which looks like this: CFE>
You could technically set up logging from within putty and save the log file but I used the copy/paste method to save the NVRAM.
To display all the keyvalues stored in the NVRAM type:
CFE>
Code:
nvram show

Copy and Paste all these to a text file of your choice. You will need some of the values to create the new CFE.
To display all the NAND memory partitions type:
CFE>
Code:
show devices

Take note of these.

Step 6: (Creating the new boot firmware)
Unrar LOM's modified xvortex_ea6350.rar and check out the readme.txt file.
Start CFEEdit.exe
Click File->Open CFE... and select the xvortex_cfe_ea6350.bin file.
Select the Advanced Mode tab and modify the NVRAM values with the ones you saved in the previous step. (the readme.txt explains which ones to modify).
When finished click File->Save As... and save the file as CFE.bin

Step 7: (Uploading and Installing the new boot firmware)
Open up the Linksys TFTP update utility.
Set the server address to 192.168.1.1 which should be your router's ip address.
Leave the password blank
Select the file CFE.bin that we created in Step 6.
Do NOT click upgrade yet
Go back to putty. If your doing these in sequence the CFE prompt should still be visible in your terminal window.
To upgrade the boot firmware type in the following command.
CFE>
Code:
flash -noheader : nflash0.boot

Go back to TFTP utility and click upgrade and it should show a progress indicator while the file is being uploaded.
I don't know if it was necessary but I also uploaded it to the nflash1.boot partition too with the following command.
CFE>
Code:
flash -noheader : nflash1.boot

Going back to TFTP utility and clicking upgrade again.
There should be no errors in the CFE prompt if the firmware was uploaded and written successfully!

Step 8: (Reboot the router)
In the putty terminal window and still in the CFE prompt.
type reboot and press enter to reboot the router.
The router should restart and the terminal window should show the booting process once again.

Step 9: (Flashing DD-WRT)
Open your computer browser (I used Google Chrome). Be sure to clear your browsers history before continuing.
In the address bar navigate to http://192.168.1.1
If your seeing the CFEWeb interface then your doing great!
The CFEWeb interface only shows for a couple of seconds after rebooting the router.
If your not seeing the CFEWeb interface clear browser history and reboot the router again and refresh the window.
In the CFEWeb interface choose the linksys-ea6350-webflash.bin file.
Click the upload button and wait while DD-WRT is being installed on your router.
It will take a few minutes and the router may reboot several times which is normal.
This is where I went and made some coffee because I new the fun was just beginning.
After a few minutes the DD-WRT change username and password page should be visible.

Step 10: (Clean up)
Disconnect the serial pins from the breakout board or serial cable.
Snap on the router cover.
Screw in the four screws and reinsert the rubber shoes.
Change your computer's NIC back to DHCP IP instead of static IP (optional).
Unplug the breakout board from the USB or serial cable.
Reconnect all your wires to the router and enjoy.

This worked for me... let me know if it works for you too!
Much thanks go to LOM, mrjoneskod, and Google.

I have an EA6350 V1 that I am trying to get running on DD-WRT. Originally I just flashed it from the Linksys smart wifi page. It worked but reverted back to the original firmware after power-down.

I read through this forum and followed the instructions above. However, I kept getting hung up at step 9. I could not get the CFE web server to stay up long enough to flash the EA6350 bin file. The upload would start but the router would just continue booting and the page would go dead. I tried it a few times but couldn't get it to work. Is there a way to flash it via serial and TFTP rather than the CFE web-server?

I am also unsure that I interpreted the read me instructions correctly for the CFE editor. The read me file reads as follows:

You must run CFEEdit and change the following variables which I have obfuscated:

et0macaddr hw_mac_addr+1
hw_mac_addr from routers label
lan_hwaddr hw_mac_addr+1
serial_number from routers label
tc_passphrase from devinfo or nvram
tc_ssid from devinfo or nvram
uuid_key from devinfo or nvram

0:macaddr hw_mac_addr+2
1:macaddr hw_mac_addr+3

and then save.

I interpreted that if my mac address from the bottom of the router were 51:F8:B3:CC:17:4F then the following would be the values for my particular router:

et0macaddr 51:F8:B3:CC:17:4G
hw_mac_addr 51:F8:B3:CC:17:4F
lan_hwaddr 51:F8:B3:CC:17:4G
serial_number from routers label
tc_passphrase from devinfo or nvram
tc_ssid from devinfo or nvram
uuid_key from devinfo or nvram

0:macaddr 51:F8:B3:CC:17:4H
1:macaddr 51:F8:B3:CC:17:4I

Does that seem right?

Currently my router will no longer boot to the original firmware but I can get a CFE prompt through putty. Any help would be appreciated.
JORGE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed yesterday about 5pm pluged it out, it's now 9am has not gone back to linksys version yet. using version 1 ..so far so good
choyado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
JORGE wrote:
I flashed yesterday about 5pm pluged it out, it's now 9am has not gone back to linksys version yet. using version 1 ..so far so good

How did you flash it?
JORGE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Normal firmware upgrade from linksys interface
I am dealing with V1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: