Linksys E2500 and Vlans.... what am I missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
joe.haase
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 0:29    Post subject: Linksys E2500 and Vlans.... what am I missing? Reply with quote
A little background... I'm a network administrator for my County, and fluent in programming switches and routers... I have a E2500 I am trying to do something simple with... Setup a separate VLAN for guest access.

I have about a dozen TP-Link Wireless Access points I have been using at home for about a year.. I also have 20 or so at different sites for work. Since I have so many access points at home, I don't need the wifi in the E2500, so it is disabled.

They are setup with a secured SSID on VLAN0, and a Open SSID on VLAN4. I have one for testing plugged into the E2500 until I can get the bugs worked out.

I added a DHCP range of 10.4.1.50-100 for Vlan4, and have the native DHCP of the router set to 10.1.1.50-100. I set all 4 of the router ports to Tagged (since there will be tagged data from the Wireless access points). You would think this would be the bare minimums needed to get a DHCP on Vlan4.. but nope..

I have tried multiple tutorials.. tried all combinations of bridging and vlan assignment on the router.. and for the life of me I can't get a DHCP on vlan4 for the life of me. I even disabled tagging, and set ports 1 - 4 strictly to vlan 4.... and all I could get was a vlan0 ip address.

So I'm curious... what am I missing here??

vlan2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.12 KB
 Viewed:  2143 Time(s)

vlan2.png

vlan.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.78 KB
 Viewed:  2143 Time(s)

vlan.png

Sponsor
joe.haase
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
For all of those following... I found out a few things after scouring through the net... the GUI doesn't work on the device I have for VLANS.. only CLI.... Also the Ports are identified backwards off of the WIKI... makes for a steep learning curve!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: