802.1X Clients lose WAN connectivity after exactly 60 minute

stevey-t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 19:37    Post subject: 802.1X Clients lose WAN connectivity after exactly 60 minute Reply with quote
I'll apologize up front if this is a duplication, but my Googling and forum scanning have not helped me solve this problem...

I have my WRT3200ACM running build 34315 setup to use a Radius Server provided on my Synology NAS (FreeRadius). Everything works great with authentication, up until 60 minutes after connection, when the client loses all WAN connectivity, but still registers a LAN connection (IP, DNS, Gateway, etc). I have tried everything I can think of to isolate the fault, but nothing seems to work. Of note, I've looked at setting "Session-Timeout" manually in the FreeRadius config (rad_users) as well as adding the following line to my firewall per the advice I found on a forum that suggested the disconnects could be related to DHCP renewals being blocked by the firewall:

iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 68 -j ACCEPT

If anyone has encountered (and overcome) this issue, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: