Vlan or DMZ or other to see across differant subnets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 17:15    Post subject: Vlan or DMZ or other to see across differant subnets? Reply with quote
i flashed and set up a r7000 for a friend as a vpn gateway, its on a different subnet to his main Draytek router (.1) leaving him with both working gateways out on to the net.
All working fine, but he now would like to access cross subnet stored files, by that i mean if he's connect to the vpn on dd-wrt r7000 subnet (.15) and he wants to access files on his pc that is not behind vpn going out through Draytek subnet (.1)gateway (main router) he cant access.
i assume this could be done a few different ways?
i am no expert but i assume DMZ or Vlan on the draytek?
which would be the best option or is there any better options? is there any tutorials about this? i am struggling to search because i am unsure what the correct terminology would be to search, i am sure it must have been asked a hundred times before. so i apologise in advance if that's the case
thanks in advance
Sponsor
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi sorry for the confusion
yes this is how its setup
[draytek 192.168.1.x](lan)<-->(wan)[netgear 192.168.15.x - vpn] routing all traffic connected to the DD-WRT Netgear R7000 via VPN. No policy based routing setup
both routers running DHCP

e.g. of the problem
laptop connected to dd-wrt r7000 VPN (subnet .15)
hes unable to access PC files or any device connected to (subnet .1)

eibgrad wrote:
There's simply to much ambiguity in the following statement.

All working fine, but he now would like to access cross subnet stored files, by that i mean if he's connect to the vpn on dd-wrt r7000 subnet (.15) and he wants to access files on his pc that is not behind vpn going out through Draytek subnet (.1)gateway (main router) he cant access.

I'm not even sure how these devices are connected. I assume LAN to WAN (routed) and NOT bridged (LAN to LAN).

All I can guess is you have something like this ...

[draytek 192.168.1.x](lan)<-->(wan)[netgear 192.168.15.x - vpn]

And the Netgear is routing traffic over the VPN (perhap all, perhaps only some because you're using PBR (policy based routing)). And some device on the 192.168.15.x network wants to access files on the 192.168.1.x network. But it wasn't clear if that client was or wasn't on the VPN at the time.

Or maybe I have this completely wrong and it's a remote access problem.

Just not clear.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is 192.168.1.2 the wan ip of the R7000?

Add a static route to 192.168.15.0/24 via gateway 192.168.1.2 on the Draytek.
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply,
i thought that would route the dd-wrt though the Draytek gateway?
i thought (but i am far from an expert)i would need to use LAN to LAN static routing and again i thought that was done with Vlan?
i will give your suggestion ago as i am sure your correct.
thanks again

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Is 192.168.1.2 the wan ip of the R7000?

Add a static route to 192.168.15.0/24 via gateway 192.168.1.2 on the Draytek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: