IPV6 over wireless Client Bridge with slaac and dhcpv6

brw02005
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:18    Post subject: IPV6 over wireless Client Bridge with slaac and dhcpv6 Reply with quote
Need a little help setting up a ipv4/ipv6 wireless client bridge as transparent as possible.

Have x86 openwrt router as my main running two Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 and a TP-Link C7 running DD-WRt r32170. I have the bridge working under ipv4 with 5 ghz at 1300 mbps link using client bridge (routed) and just need to know how to forward slaac and dhcp v6 from the main router.

Pretty new to ipv6 and other than getting lucky and having it work out of the box with openwrt and requesting a length of 60 for a guest network off of the main I do not know much so may need a bit of hand holding on this one until I am up to speed.

The multiple addresses for each device and multiple ways of getting an address make my brain hurt. Like why does Android only have SLAAC when iphone seems to only like dhcpv6. I cannot even imagine having to wireshark this chaos with the local link addresses as well. IPv6 rant over.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: