x86 Bandwidth Issue

jammer1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 20:50    Post subject: x86 Bandwidth Issue Reply with quote
Hi,

Loaded up the v24 image yesterday on an old P1 133Mhz machine... I noticed that I can start a download, then it tapers off to nothing. If I try to view the x86 web page, its a no go, as well as the LAN interface will not respond to pings... Reboot fixes it, until is chokes off again... Anyone know what I may have wrong? Using all defaults with the exception of the WAN IP settings which are static.

Secondly, when x86 boots, I get a lot of errors... Is that normal?

-Jammer
Sponsor
Spy Alelo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, you didn't mention if you are downloading off a p2p network or straight off http, or ftp. If you are indeed downloading off p2p, you need to increase your available connection ports range to the max, which is 4096 I think. And you still may have a hard time accessing the GUI at first, just give it a minute or 2. If it is http or ftp, then you definitely have an issue, but for someone to help, give some details please. About the errors, just post them here, someone should be able to tell you if it is something to worry about.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you increase the number of connections?
Spy Alelo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
RamGuy wrote:
How do you increase the number of connections?

You need to go to the 'Administration' tab, and near the bottom, 'IP Filter settings'. Change maximum ports to 4096, apply, and you are done.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not a matter of downloading the image, it's downloading data when it is running on an x86 platform... Loaded the image to a hdd and booted my machine with it (2 NICs). Everything works fine until you start downloading through the x86 dd-wrt firewall... For example, if you perform a speed test, the test peaks out at my max bandwidth, then slowly falls to nothing within seconds (never finishing the test). When the bandwidth trails off, the configuration web page fails to come up anymore (192.168.1.1:80), and the eth0 or green NIC fails to respond to a ping request...

-Jammer
Spy Alelo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know what you mean by 'not a matter of downloading the image', but anyway. Give some more details, like the specs of the machine. Pentium 1 133 is simply not enough info, give details such as amount of RAM, brand and model of NICs used, motherboard model, etc. It seems like the machine is choking the more you use it, so you can also logon to the terminal and type 'top' without the quotes. That will tell you what is using what resources, such as CPU % and RAM used per application. Also post those errors, the more info you give, the better we can help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: