Rflow and 'load' questions

merlinzeta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 0:57    Post subject: Rflow and 'load' questions Reply with quote
If it seems I'm creating too many threads let me know but I have so many questions that I can't find the answer to on google lol...

So I've been playing (labouring) with getting Rflow and Solarwinds Orion to play together.

The machine is a P3 866 Mhz with 256 MB ram, with v24 sp1. (had problems with pre-SP2)

I've gotten dd-wrt to send Rflow and Orion seems to be getting it. However, I had a few questions:

- To see which host/ip are using the most data and from what etc, the interface should be set to LAN/WLAN correct? Also, I cannot select the LAN interface only. When I press save, the reloaded page shows WAN.

- Importantly, what should I set the interval to be in seconds? The default is 10. Does this mean that it just takes a snapshot every 10 seconds so misses dat in between these points, or does it save up data for 10 seconds then send it in one go? What length would be ideal? I don't want to overload dd-wrt.

- If someone suddenly opens 500+ connections, does Rflow/dd-wrt go into a spasm?

- Should I enable macupd; does Orion support it?

- I regularly see the load going over 1.00, while CPU usage is near 0. To get rid of this I have to reboot the machine which isn't ideal at all. Is there a way at least to see WHY it has a load of 1.00 or more?

- Also, what kind of performance degradation will be seen with a load of 1.00? ie. can I leave it like that for the day (I think most of the time it reboots itself later anyway)

UPDATE: Oh no, it seems like Orion can see what each ip uploads but not what it downloads. Can anyone please help, this is fairly critical... I have a feeling it has to do with the fact I can't LAN interface only.

As always thanks very much.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: