Client MAC behind Repeater Bridge = Repeater Bridge MAC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Shai-Hulud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:51    Post subject: Client MAC behind Repeater Bridge = Repeater Bridge MAC Reply with quote
Router Model
Buffalo WHR-G54S
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/01/09) mini - build 11296M NEWD Eko

Repeater Bridge
Buffalo WHR-G125
Firmware Version

Hey all. I'm hoping I don't lead anyone down a wild goose chase again. However, I seem to have a problem:

A client machine behind a repeater bridge is not getting a static leased IP as assigned on the ddwrt router/dhcp server.

The client receives DHCP assignment of a different IP than assigned in Services --> Static Leases.

The client as seen under Status --> LAN appears to have the correct Hostname but, assumes the repeater bridge's MAC address.

I've noticed that any client connecting to the repeater bridge appears to have the same MAC as the repeater bridge.

Monpetite 192.168.0.114 00:16:01:DF:09:AE
unimatrix 192.168.0.121 00:16:01:DF:09:AE
^ Clients............................^repeater bridge MAC

Changing the static lease information to reflect the repeater bridge MAC but using the client's hostname does not result in the client receiving a static leased IP.

This did not occur in an older version of v24-sp1. Any ideas?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:55    Post subject: Re: Client MAC behind Repeater Bridge = Repeater Bridge MAC Reply with quote
Shai-Hulud wrote:
Router Model
Buffalo WHR-G54S
Firmware Version

Repeater Bridge
Buffalo WHR-G125
Firmware Version

Hey all. I'm hoping I don't lead anyone down a wild goose chase again. However, I seem to have a problem:

A client machine behind a repeater bridge is not getting a static leased IP as assigned on the ddwrt router/dhcp server.

The client receives DHCP assignment of a different IP than assigned in Services --> Static Leases.

The client as seen under Status --> LAN appears to have the correct Hostname but, assumes the repeater bridge's MAC address.

I've noticed that any client connecting to the repeater bridge appears to have the same MAC as the repeater bridge.

Monpetite 192.168.0.114 00:16:01:DF:09:AE
unimatrix 192.168.0.121 00:16:01:DF:09:AE
^ Clients............................^repeater bridge MAC

Changing the static lease information to reflect the repeater bridge MAC but using the client's hostname does not result in the client receiving a static leased IP.

This did not occur in an older version of v24-sp1. Any ideas?

You didn't accidentally type in the LAN MAC address did you....if the device is wireless you have to type in the WLAN MAC address.

I ran 11296 for quite some time...and I use Static Leases also on my R and RB units....it has always worked.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
The one client I want a static ip lease is ethernet only wired to the repeater bridge. It does not have wireless installed. I will check to be sure, however.
Shai-Hulud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Re-inputted the mac address using a copy/paste. Static lease is working. Although I had confirmed it before. *shrugs* Thanks. Another false alarm for you guys. I've got to get out of this habit I'm developing.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem....I believe if you accidentally have an extra "space" before or after the MAC address it will also fail as you described...that was where I would have pointed you next. Laughing

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: