DD-WRT x86 setup problems

ROBOTMAN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 23:43    Post subject: DD-WRT x86 setup problems Reply with quote
I really hate to bug the community about stuff like this but I'm stuck. I just installed the dd-wrt x86 firmware on my gateway computer 2.0ghz processor 512mb ram.

Everything works fine at boot up except for a lot of "file not found" and "could not mount directory" errors. However I can not log in on either the local machine or the web interface. I am using the user name root and password admin but it still says "login incorrect". When I try to use the web GUI it either times out or says could not establish a connection. The install is completely new with no settings modified.

Previously I was able to connect to the web GUI and log on but I messed with some settings and unable to do it from then on. I re-installed everything from scratch but no nothing works. I know my net adapters work because I can connect to the internet when I boot with a ubuntu live CD. The x86 version I am using is 24 sp 1. If somebody could shed some light on why things are not working it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
overwrite the whole disk with eg /dev/zero before reflash
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK everything reinstalled fine and I can access both the web GUI and the local one. I do have one more question. Is my via gigabyte Ethernet nic supported? The internal card works so I can access the web GUI but I do not know how to tell if my other card is supported or how to test if it will act properly as a wan port.
ROBOTMAN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry its working now I was being stupid :)

Edit:

Not working actually.

Last edited by ROBOTMAN on Sun Nov 28, 2010 20:30; edited 1 time in total
ROBOTMAN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually its is not working... I on the setup page I set the wan option to automatic configuration and now it no longer works. I cant access the web gui from either card but I can access the local one. One of my first questions is how do I restore factory defaults from the local command line. This would be to get access to the web GUI again. Then how do I enable and test wan properly and check if my nic is supported?

I can't take the whole network down just to find out things don't work. Right now my method of testing has been sharing my wifi over the Ethernet port then connecting it to my x86 router. Again any help would be appreciated.
fta1135
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
overwrite the whole disk with eg /dev/zero before reflash

Linux ----------> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1M
Windows -----> Active@KillDisk - Freeware
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: