Build 15962 is out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
alexatkinuk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
SiimK wrote:
Anyone else having the router CPU load 100%?

Web UI and Internet browsing is very slow and finally crashes. Have to reboot my router and it wors fine for some time and all starts again.

Certainly not me, its the lowest load average out of the three versions of DD-WRT I have used so far.

Are you using PPPoE perhaps?

Sponsor
SiimK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
alexatkinuk wrote:
SiimK wrote:
Anyone else having the router CPU load 100%?

Web UI and Internet browsing is very slow and finally crashes. Have to reboot my router and it wors fine for some time and all starts again.

Certainly not me, its the lowest load average out of the three versions of DD-WRT I have used so far.

Are you using PPPoE perhaps?

Nope, using DHCP.

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 1.6 (15962)
droblesa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone having trouble with USB Automounting? After upgrading, my WRT160nl keeps mounting both my ext3 partitions to /mnt causing most of my scripts to blow. I thought automount would only mount the first partition it finds?
AirFart
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bufallo WHR-HP-G300N

WDS function working perfectly with this build 15962.

And the transmit power of the router also maxed out at 28dBm Cool

Wow... do Buffalo build this cheap router for outdoor application?
The coverage performance and wireless reception is excellent. Laughing

1xRT-N16 : Router + Optware (TomatoUSB DualWAN)
1xEOC-2611P : Bricked (RMA)
1xWHR-HP-GN : WDS AP @ 23dBm (15962)
2xWHR-HP-G300N : WDS Station @ 21-28dBm (15962)
1xTL-WA5110G : AP @ 26dBm (Stock)
|Free WiFi for all|
alexatkinuk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
How come the WHR-HP-G300N can go that powerful? I thought that was one of the big selling points between that and the NH?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
WNDR3700 goes to 27 dBm at max as well.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
alexatkinuk wrote:
How come the WHR-HP-G300N can go that powerful? I thought that was one of the big selling points between that and the NH?

Thats like apples and oranges here, those 2 buffalo units have totally different hardware. In terms of which has more under the hood, the wzr-hp-g300nh still has more under the hood and smallnetbuilder rated that it is higher powered over the other units, they use lxchariot to test with, which to me is much better at rating wireless router performance. So no worries.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
alexatkinuk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
alexatkinuk wrote:

That's like apples and oranges here, those 2 buffalo units have totally different hardware. In terms of which has more under the hood, the wzr-hp-g300nh still has more under the hood and smallnetbuilder rated that it is higher powered over the other units, they use lxchariot to test with, which to me is much better at rating wireless router performance. So no worries.

Well the biggie for me was RAM and Gigabit ethernet anyway, so the NH was important there.

However I always thought transmit power was transmit power, period, apart from perhaps some small differences caused by receive sensitivity and noise tolerance.

Particularly as the lower model has a removable antenna and the NH does not its rather insulting for it to have such short range, especially as DD-WRT is the stock firmware on this model in Europe. How they can still call it high power on the box but its actually performing lower power than almost every other router on planet, is beyond me.

Free DD-WRT its fair enough for it to have rough edges, but Buffalo should not be putting a version on as stock that doesn't deliver what is printed on the box. They really take the biscuit with high power, DLNA and BitTorrent all on the box but missing from the firmware. Even NAS is arguable as I wouldn't call anything a NAS that doesn't have Samba on it, why on earth did they remove that when DD-WRT normally has it?

Mind you, what more do we expect from a company that has a model called WHR-HP-GN that isn't actually N at all. I consider myself a techie but still was fooled thinking that was a genuine N device, until I read otherwise today.

Ah well, I just hope the DD-WRT with the better drivers turns up soon, would really love to not be having to use my Fonera+ to receive WiFi across the street. That is not a dig at DD-WRT, but a dig at the Fonera+ for being such a limited pile of crap - all I want is access to my LAN from across the road, is that too much to ask FON? Noo, it demands to be a second NAT even though the UK Fonera runs a L2TP tunnel for FON users so there is no reason at all not to allow it to run via the LAN side.

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
alexatkinuk wrote:
buddee wrote:
alexatkinuk wrote:

That's like apples and oranges here, those 2 buffalo units have totally different hardware. In terms of which has more under the hood, the wzr-hp-g300nh still has more under the hood and smallnetbuilder rated that it is higher powered over the other units, they use lxchariot to test with, which to me is much better at rating wireless router performance. So no worries.

Well the biggie for me was RAM and Gigabit ethernet anyway, so the NH was important there.

However I always thought transmit power was transmit power, period, apart from perhaps some small differences caused by receive sensitivity and noise tolerance.

Particularly as the lower model has a removable antenna and the NH does not its rather insulting for it to have such short range, especially as DD-WRT is the stock firmware on this model in Europe. How they can still call it high power on the box but its actually performing lower power than almost every other router on planet, is beyond me.

Free DD-WRT its fair enough for it to have rough edges, but Buffalo should not be putting a version on as stock that doesn't deliver what is printed on the box. They really take the biscuit with high power, DLNA and BitTorrent all on the box but missing from the firmware. Even NAS is arguable as I wouldn't call anything a NAS that doesn't have Samba on it, why on earth did they remove that when DD-WRT normally has it?

Mind you, what more do we expect from a company that has a model called WHR-HP-GN that isn't actually N at all. I consider myself a techie but still was fooled thinking that was a genuine N device, until I read otherwise today.

Ah well, I just hope the DD-WRT with the better drivers turns up soon, would really love to not be having to use my Fonera+ to receive WiFi across the street. That is not a dig at DD-WRT, but a dig at the Fonera+ for being such a limited pile of crap - all I want is access to my LAN from across the road, is that too much to ask FON? Noo, it demands to be a second NAT even though the UK Fonera runs a L2TP tunnel for FON users so there is no reason at all not to allow it to run via the LAN side.

Well think of it like this, the WHR-HP-G300N is a 2x2 mimo N router, whereas the NH is a 3x3 mimo N router, so not only does it have gigabit ports with usb, it has more antennas which is more efficient in the way it does what it does. That already is gonna make it to where it wouldn't have to have a higher dBm/dBi rating to perform efficiently.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
gopalmm2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:50    Post subject: WRT160NL Reply with quote
Finally! This is the only build that got my wrt160NL working as a repeater bridge. Will do more testing to see how efficient it is.

Thanks a lot for the build release! Very Happy
Speebs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still can't get my WHR-HP-GN to connect to my WZN-HP-G300NH in any mode (Client, WDS, Wlicnt Bridge (Routed)). This is driving me nuts!
TuxnetDE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
BloodyRaven wrote:
Same problems with 54G printservers as in previous builds since 14684. I described it many times - http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81781&highlight=wpsm54g

Can confirm this with 1043nd, the trendnet now stays in the wifi config with his mac and 54tx, 104tx but get no data. I can ping the trendnet with wifi but cannot open his webgui.The bug seems to change Confused
AirFart
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speebs wrote:
I still can't get my WHR-HP-GN to connect to my WZN-HP-G300NH in any mode (Client, WDS, Wlicnt Bridge (Routed)). This is driving me nuts!

I can connect to WHR-HP-GN in WDS mode. Even my Broadcom chipset (RT-N12) can connect to whr-hp-gn as a repeater bridge mode. Smile

1xRT-N16 : Router + Optware (TomatoUSB DualWAN)
1xEOC-2611P : Bricked (RMA)
1xWHR-HP-GN : WDS AP @ 23dBm (15962)
2xWHR-HP-G300N : WDS Station @ 21-28dBm (15962)
1xTL-WA5110G : AP @ 26dBm (Stock)
|Free WiFi for all|
Speebs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speebs wrote:
I still can't get my WHR-HP-GN to connect to my WZN-HP-G300NH in any mode (Client, WDS, Client Bridge (Routed)). This is driving me nuts!
Speebs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
AirFart wrote:
Speebs wrote:

I can connect to WHR-HP-GN in WDS mode. Even my Broadcom chipset (RT-N12) can connect to whr-hp-gn as a repeater bridge mode. Smile

I'm jealous.

I have a feeling the problem is on the bridge end rather than the AP end. Although I don't really have a way to verify this.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: